THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

• 4 months later...

• 2 months later...

With DPAC going up, FUMCO finished and a bunch of projects on the horizon, I finally got around to purchasing a nice high-end wide-angle lens to get building site photos with. I tested it tonight looking down from my balcony with fog rolling in. Screwed up with the aperture and post processing wasn't very good because I was on my crap laptop screen, but here it is:

6810827395_8fea18057b_b.jpg

I plan to go out this weekend and get some nice shots of FUMCO complete and see what I can get of the DPAC construction site. DPAC is so low to the ground and surrounded by construction fences that I might not get much there ...

Any requests? Maybe I'll head over to GAI as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't know where to post this, but since it's mostly pictures I thought here might be best.

I thought today might be a good day to reflect on some 9/11 memorials that we have locally. I was able to find 4 local memorials with WTC steel on public display (Ovideo has a piece of steel but it's not on public display though the public can request to see it)

Four 9/11 Memorials in Central Florida

Does anyone know of any other pieces of steel (or Pentagon or Flight 93, though I've never heard of that rumble being used) that is on display locally? I couldn't find any mentions of Orlando itself having a piece, do they? If so where is it? Do they have a Fallen Hero's memorial?

Windermere's 9/11 Memorial

P9100067.JPG

Winter Garden's piece of steel for a future memorial (anyone have any renderings of their memorial or know where it will be located?)

P9100062.JPG

Longwood's Fallen Heroes Memorial that includes a tiny piece of WTC steel.

P9100117.JPG

P9100112.JPG

And Winter Park's Fallen Hero's Memorial. Anyone going/go to the dedication of it today at 2? Is their piece of steel now on display? It was still missing from the podium as of this morning at 9:30am when I stopped by to snap these photos.

P9110145.JPG

With the large New Yorker population we have locally I'm a bit surprised that out of the 55 pieces of steel in Florida I could only located 5 pieces locally. It seems like South Florida and the Tampa area does have a much larger number of memorials than we do in Central Florida. Anyone know of any other memorials in the works locally?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...