THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I couldnt agree more, looking forward too see what a HUGE impact the CV will have on our skyline. Hopefully they stay true to the renderings, or possibly even add a little height. This would be a great area for a couple 30 story buildings, but I think its highly unlikely they would go that high up.

^ What is that? And is it actually getting built? Whatever it is, it looks too much like The Vue.

This is actually just an artist's rendering of SunRail which can be found here:

http://www.sunrail.com/uploads/assets/tod/TOD%20Sketchbook%202nd%20Edition%20Section%203%20Church%20St.pdf

Edit: However it does say it is a proposed building in the report. 

Edited by XpressEnterprise

Yeah - there was a book created (all of it's available online through the SunRail website in the TOD section) - just to get people thinking in the different municipalities about what SunRail could do for their area. In some cases, the renderings mirror real plans on the table (Central Station near LYNX and the development in Longwood, for example). I don't know if this large building is based on anything that was proposed but I've always heard hotel for that spot.

This is actually just an artist's rendering of SunRail which can be found here:

http://www.sunrail.com/uploads/assets/tod/TOD%20Sketchbook%202nd%20Edition%20Section%203%20Church%20St.pdf

Edit: However it does say it is a proposed building in the report. 

And thanks for the link. It says they propose to build a building on the SE corner of Garland and South? Seems like an odd place for a building but I guess you could make it work. They would just have to really slow traffic down on that ramp to make it more pedestrian friendly. People come flying through there if the lights green. I wonder if there's anything solid behind these proposals.

I haven't seen it, but I heard today that Bumby Arcade is getting some work done inside to open it up to the future (hotel?) development there.

I have also heard this, but my understanding is that they have been trying to do this for a very long time but are held up due to permitting on changing their utility metering around for tenants. I'm not 100% sure that was this building, but I believe so ... 

Not the best quality photo, since this was taken by a friend on Instagram, but it's interesting to see the several mid-rise apartment complexes lined up forming the street wall along Orange Ave already. This was taken from the courthouse. Now if only those parking lots and empty lots were not... empty. 

304104_10200274190367197_1419297301_n.jp

Edited by aleonrivera