THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

• 3 weeks later...

Another option is to click "More Reply Options" and add them as attachments.

I upload to my gallery, click on the photo and to the right choose the options drop down and click on link.  From the links that appear copy the image link and then chose the image icon in the post paste the image link.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some random pics

539120_10151372887632874_71506836_n.jpg

Osceala Brown Stone from above

66486_10151372887772874_2026140278_n.jpg

Sanctuary

45737_10151370095207874_1191927043_n.jpg

Red Coconut Club at City Walk

527717_10151372887432874_1339451954_n.jpLooks like new landscape at Suntrust

1797_10151372887927874_306509166_n.jpg

Not so great pic from Star Tower....the sun is setting but not the best timing to take this pic

• Like 1

I wish they'd do something more interesting with that little square of grass at SunTrust.

Maybe put in a rock garden with some topiary & bonsai trees or whatever.

I've always felt that boring little suburban front lawn was a waste of an opportunity to have something really cool there.

Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn I read something about art statues or something of the sorts coming to downtown Orlando, and I recall reading that the suntrust lawn is one of the possible locations for this art.  If anyone knows more on this feel free to chime in.

Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn I read something about art statues or something of the sorts coming to downtown Orlando, and I recall reading that the suntrust lawn is one of the possible locations for this art.  If anyone knows more on this feel free to chime in.

SeeArtOrlando.com

On March 6, 2013:  During his annual State of the City Address, Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer announced the selection of artists for the SEE ART ORLANDO initiative. SEE ART ORLANDO is a public sculpture community project designed to enhance the aesthetic experience and cultural image of Downtown Orlando through the installation of iconic works of art throughout the city core. 

“Arts and culture are responsible for 3,500 jobs in our community and generate nearly 100 million dollars in economic impact. SEE ART ORLANDO is part of our plan to grow that impact,” said Mayor Dyer. 

A local, national and international call for artists resulted in more than 170 submissions from16 countries and 36 states. After careful consideration the SEE ART ORLANDO Board of Directors and donors selected seven artists. Of the selected artists, one is an Orlando resident. Jacob Harmeling owns QUI Studios in the Ivanhoe Village MainStreet District and was selected for the sculpture that will go in the Roundabout in Lake Eola Park near the intersection of Central Blvd. and Osceola Avenue. Other selected artists include:

• Ralfonso Gschwend from Zurich, Switzerland has been selected to create the sculpture at the corner of Robinson Street and Eola Drive.

• The sculpture at the corner of Eola Drive and Central Blvd. will be done by Todji Kurtzman from Portland, Oregon.

• DeeDee Morrison, who resides in Birmingham, Alabama, was selected for the sculpture at the Orange County Regional History Center.

• Douwe Blumberg, DeMossville, Kentucky, will be creating a piece along Robinson Street in Lake Eola Park. 

• The sculpture along Rosalind Ave. in Lake Eola Park will be done by Meg White from Stephensport, Kentucky. 

• Wendy Ross, who resides in Bethesada, Maryland, was selected for the sculpture in Seaside Bank at the corner of Church Street and Orange Avenue.

“The artists selected are world-class with national and international acclaim and we are excited to have them prepare these iconic sculpture works for our Downtown,” said SEE ART ORLANDO Chairwomen Jennifer Quigley.

The selected artists are beginning the design phase and installation of the sculptures is expected to be complete in September 2013.

• 3 weeks later...