THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

• 3 weeks later...

Request for the mods/question for the peanut gallery: it seems a lot of project-specific conversation ends up in the photo thread.  Should these be re-directed to their respective project threads? 

Maybe it's just me, but I always get very excited when I see there are new posts in the photo thread...and then very sad when I see that there aren't actually any new photos, haha. 

• Like 1

Request for the mods/question for the peanut gallery: it seems a lot of project-specific conversation ends up in the photo thread.  Should these be re-directed to their respective project threads? 

Maybe it's just me, but I always get very excited when I see there are new posts in the photo thread...and then very sad when I see that there aren't actually any new photos, haha. 

You raise a good point and I feel the same way. I'll try to clean things up a bit and move the recent DPAC commentary to its respective thread.

From here on out, I ask that we limit posts in these threads to photo updates and relevant commentary. Let's keep the construction updates in the threads dedicated to the projects under development and use this thread for photos of the city's skyline, streetscape, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had to drop by Florida Hospital today.

Took some pics.

Florida Hospital is beginning to look like a small city with it's own burgeoning skyline. 

019sm.jpg

012sm.jpg

The Ivy Residences at Health Village corner of King St. & Dade Ave.

015sm.jpg

Residence Inn patch-together through dirty windshield

022.jpg

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried to get a few pictures of the Eye tonight. Didn't quite come out but good enough to share. Note to self: don't do 15 second exposures while a train is going by.

This one is adorbs, because the little wheel on the far right looks like offspring from the mama wheel.

18694070365_3a5ac2cae2_b.jpg

Bit closer.

18506352850_72c39d0f27_b.jpg

These were shot long exposure with about 4.5x of optical zoom. The lens is kinda crap but you can get good detail from downtown. It is very visable on the horizon.

Shot from my north-facing south-facing balcony at 55W.

Edited by castorvx
  • Like 2

Pardon my imagination:

I was just looking at this photo again for old times' sake, and had a fun little daydream as to what the view from that vantage point might look like in a year or two...

Potentially dotted with cranes for the following, from left to right: UCF and other Creative Village construction, soccer stadium, magic entertainment complex, the Tremont project adjacent to CSS, maybe University Club in the background, DPAC, CNL III, possibly one of the several proposed projects currently floating around for South Eola....I can't decide if the Lucerne redevelopment would be in this shot or not.  But close, in any case.  Wild prospect.  

Apologies for the quality of the image, but I had a cool vantage point of downtown during a recent stay at a hotel on Kirkman (near Universal).

IMG_4842_zps3863e0e4.jpg

Edited by uncreativeusername

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...