THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

Lake Como from the ground doesn't look all that big, but I'm kinda surprised that they had put a parking lot in the old park.  We were previously told we weren't losing the park.  I have been told by people who live in Dover Shores that the new Como school has ruined their opinion of the surrounding neighborhood because they feel the school is so ugly. 

13 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

I didn't realize that was the Audubon Park K-8 site. Makes sense now. I did a proposal for that project.  I guess we are running out of sites for standalones in the urban areas, so when they mash the elementary schools and middle schools together, that's what we get. 

Well it does make sense when you consider it. Why waste all the land and construction dollars just to separate two groups of children who really aren't all that different developmentally? A 7th grader is not really all that much different than a 4th or 5th grader, so why not have them all together on the same campus? Personally, I'm glad to see it. I think they should've started doing that years ago.

JMHO.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2005 at 12:05 AM, sunshine said:

Just thought I would start a thread, which I will try to at least get a pic of Orlando every week and post it here. Not sure if this is a good idea.... let me know if you think I should stop this. You guys welcome to post pics too.

Anyway, this is from today

April 8, 2005 Superchannel 55 Building @ Downtown Altamonte Spring

under089.jpg

ugh cant wait!! :) should be done by end of 2006 !!

• Like 4