THE Orlando Photo Thread

sunshine

• 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Somewhere in Orlando, 1982...

orlando1982.png

Anybody know where?

I'm thinking maybe Magnolia near Livingston?

Somewhere near Lake Ivanhoe?

Just curious... what exactly is the subject of this photo? Just seems like a random photo lol

That's actually the year of my  birth. How old were you  when the photo was taken and what was the traffic pattern of Magnolia back then?

6 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Just curious... what exactly is the subject of this photo? Just seems like a random photo lol

That's actually the year of my  birth. How old were you  when the photo was taken and what was the traffic pattern of Magnolia back then?

That pic is a screenshot from a video accompanying a channel 9 news story about how one of their reporters on his first assignment for them, accompanied a group of Vietnam vets in an RV to Washington D.C. to attend the dedication of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in November of 1982. Included in the new report about the old report, was some video footage from the original. That pic is taken from a short clip of the RV heading out of town to begin the trip.

Here's a link to the story and video if you're innarrested...

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/37-years-later-central-florida-vietnam-veterans-reflect-trip-memorial/52LV7W3UIFCWZFRBAO475PELNU/ 

I was about 25 when the original story was done and had lived in Orlando for about a year, having moved over from Brevard County in 1981.

3 hours ago, codypet said:

Magnolia would have been the "Rosalind" the time.  A number of NB lanes.  Wasn't Rosalind I believe was two lanes in each direction at the time.

Yes, Rosalind was two way and it dead ended at Livingston, where you could turn either left or right.

Magnolia curved to the east where Rosalind now curves to the west.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

That pic is a screenshot from a video accompanying a channel 9 news story about how one of their reporters on his first assignment for them, accompanied a group of Vietnam vets in an RV to Washington D.C. to attend the dedication of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in November of 1982. Included in the new report about the old report, was some video footage from the original. That pic is taken from a short clip of the RV heading out of town to begin the trip.

Here's a link to the story and video if you're innarrested...

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/37-years-later-central-florida-vietnam-veterans-reflect-trip-memorial/52LV7W3UIFCWZFRBAO475PELNU/ 

I was about 25 when the original story was done and had lived in Orlando for about a year, having moved over from Brevard County in 1981.

Yes, Rosalind was two way and it dead ended at Livingston, where you could turn either left or right.

Magnolia curved to the east where Rosalind now curves to the west.

And then there was OSCAR, who changed everything. Poor OSCAR.

4 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Luv the pics, IAFB. 

I wonder how many times I have walked by and admired that tree? 

I like the  live oak on the South shore with the branches that bend to the ground. Amazing. They will probably be here after us! 

I'm glad the city kept these trees. May they continue to thrive amongst our caos. 

• Like 1

The City Beautiful (before the smoke from the prescribed burns starting blowing in) from the Icon Wheel and yes I am tourist  you know but I will go downtown tomorrow.   Eating on Restaurant Row tonight.  

It was so clear around noon I could see the Contemporary Resort at Disney, downtown skyline and of course the closer places.   What is going on next to Lockheed Martin is that an expansion for them or something else?     One thing about this cold weather clear skies and high visibility at least earlier in the day. 

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1583.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

• Like 4

What is going on next to Lockheed Martin is that an expansion for them or something else?   

17 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

What is going on next to Lockheed Martin is that an expansion for them or something else?   

New Universal Them Park "Epic Universe"!

and sitework for new Kirkman Road extension and theme park  entrance road infrastructure. 

https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/theme-park-news/universal-orlando-announces-new-theme-park-epic-universe-with-speculation-map/

Full-Concept-ART.jpg

dev-plan-early-layout03.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2