PROPOSED: Conley Wharf

I would need to look at the maps and layout, but I would certainly be hopeful that the "buffers" referred to in the article that would separate commercial from industrial (example: parking garages) could be made to be effective. This has certainly worked elsewhere.

- Garris

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respectfully disagree. Patrick Conley is a civic bully. He has great intentions, just no room for opinions that aren't his own.

That sounds like every person who ever held public office before and currently. Doesn't mean they are all friends. Politics may may strange bedfellows but the natural rivalries still exist regardless.

I work with the Providence Working Waterfront Alliance and came across your discussion forum through a blog search.

Just wanted to point all of you to our website and blog which present our side of the issue on the city's proposed changes to the Comprehensive Plan.

Several Alliance members will be testifying at the City Ordinance Committee hearing regarding the Comprehensive Plan changes on October 1st at 6:00pm.

Chris

• 8 months later...

Vying waterfront interests to share 4-day symposium

01:00 AM EDT on Monday, June 9, 2008

With dueling impact studies, petitions, and experts in hand, the various parties will battle it out at a four-day Waterfront Charette, which begins at 9 this morning at Johnson & Wales University

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope the short-sea shipping company he has talked to buys it. I think that would provide the biggest economic (jobs) impact. Let the 110 westminsters and the VDT take care of the future condo/apartment market - the port should be the port IMHO. I've always seen the Heritage Harbor project area/the new 195 as the point where the port (and related businesses) ends and the "city" begins.

PROJO: "Conley looks to sell waterfront property"

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CONLEYS_...16.37d0e89.html

I read that, heard about it the other day. City/states inhospitibal corruption strikes agian. Now the land will either be parking or some other crap just because it is impossible to do anything in this pathetic state.

Good job Providence! Iapplaud youo once agian.

I read that, heard about it the other day. City/states inhospitibal corruption strikes agian. Now the land will either be parking or some other crap just because it is impossible to do anything in this pathetic state.

Good job Providence! Iapplaud youo once agian.

I'm sure none of it is on the up and up, but its hard to cry foul about the city being corrupt when the developer is Patrick Conley. He certainly is no stranger to, uh, "controversy" when it comes to his development practices.

• 8 months later...

Judge blocks Conley’s Wharf foreclosure

Superior Court Judge Michael A. Silverstein on Friday blocked a foreclosure sale scheduled for Monday on Conley’s Wharf. Located at 200 Allens Ave., Conley’s Wharf is a four-story building of artist studios, a conference center, and a banquet hall set in a former gas-purification house dating to 1900.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/CONLEY_FORECLOSURE_HEARING_05-22-10_2AIJ9KJ_v12.12beb739.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived