What name would you chose for the stadium?

asonj23

It looks like we could get a new sponser of Alltel Stadium if Alltel choses not to renegotiate.

Who would you like to see sponsoring the stadium based on a name?

Here is the story:

by Mike Sharkey

Staff Writer

The clock is ticking for the City, the Jaguars and representatives from Alltel to get a new deal done regarding the naming rights to Alltel Stadium

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like we could get a new sponser of Alltel Stadium if Alltel choses not to renegotiate.

Who would you like to see sponsoring the stadium based on a name?

Here is the story:

by Mike Sharkey

Staff Writer

The clock is ticking for the City, the Jaguars and representatives from Alltel to get a new deal done regarding the naming rights to Alltel Stadium

I like the "Armor Stadium" idea!!

Aren't there a few cities that sponsor their own stadium?? For example Miami's Pro Player Stadium. Or is "Pro Player" a corporate name?

Alltel is still a decent name for the stadium, but I guess that is just because I'm accustomed to it.

I wonder if Fidelity would be interested? Fidelity Stadium... doesn't flow.

Pro Player was named after a company that went bankrupt, right after purchasing the naming rights for the stadium in Miami. The stadium is now called Dolphins Stadium, since that contract has expired.

I thought it was called Dolphins Stadium, but a web site I visited still said Pro Player.

If the city was to name the stadium, do you think "Jaguars Stadium" would have a chance? It would be the most obvious.

I've always liked River City Stadium or St. Johns River Field or something incorporating the river. Or we could go back to the Gator Bowl! I think Seven Bridges Field would be nice but that makes you think of the restaurant, not the transportation structures.

I hate all the corporate sponsorship that goes on. Just another reason to keep my television off. "This message brought to you by B. Slater Photography." <_<

I've always liked River City Stadium or St. Johns River Field or something incorporating the river. Or we could go back to the Gator Bowl! I think Seven Bridges Field would be nice but that makes you think of the restaurant, not the transportation structures.

I hate all the corporate sponsorship that goes on. Just another reason to keep my television off. "This message brought to you by B. Slater Photography."    <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I LOVE River City Stadium. That is a great name. No money in that though.

River City Stadium is nice but I wonder if there might be confusion with the old 3 Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh?

Jackson Field

That almost works. I like how similar to 'Jacksonville' it sounds.

Fidelity Field is good.

LandMar Field/Stadium maybe.

First Coast Field....nice.

Hey, I've come up with at least 7 names that not only defines the area, but wont get laughed at by the media in other major cities....

1. Wachovia Field at Jacksonville

2. Prudential Stadium

3. Bell South Stadium

4. Toyota Field

If no corporate sponsor is needed,.........................

5. Jacksonville Stadium

6. First Coast Stadium

7. Jaguars Stadium

Its the simplicity that makes it sound better than "Lee and Kate's Glass Stadium" or some other local name that wouldnt fit well with the national audience.

I believe that not having a corporate stadium name is really out of the question - As much as I am not a fan of corporate naming on stadium, it is probably too much money to pass up. According to ESPN.com - Alltel's 620,000 per year is the lowest sponsorship deal of any venue hosting any of the teams in the four major sports

ESPN's Sports Business Section

Archived