How do our cities compare...

krazeeboi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Columbia is a separate entity, so it shouldn't be phased by Columbia's efforts. It needs to revitalize something. That part of town is unattractve, and would do well to have someplace clean looking to go to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. The city government in Columbia is not being distracted from Main Street or the Vista by the West Columbia efforts. But if one assumes (and perhaps it is not so) that there are only so many people and business wanting to locate in an intown revitalized new urbanist sort of area in greater Columbia, then it would seem that West Columbia's efforts would be competing for the same target audience that Columbia's efforts are geared towards. If that assumption is correct, then it does thin out the resources it would seem. On other hand, perhaps West Columbia will attract people or businesses who would not consider the City of Columbia because they want to be in Lexington County or something. I am all for West Columbia's sprucing up. I think their little downtown could be really nice. I just do not want to see it distract from efforts across the river.

• 3 months later...

Archived