new pedestrian bridge

satalac

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the greenways also but I rather they build a traffic bridge. I would love to drive across a bridge that connects east nashville and opryland..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, that would really open up that area. god knows briley needs some traffic taken off of it.

i agree, that would really open up that area. god knows briley needs some traffic taken off of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, they need to take some traffic off briley. but this will be a nice addition to the city. i remember reading about this a couple of weeks back, but this is the first time i have seen the renderings of them.

A bridge! NIMBY! Ha.

I live in Inglewood, and, as a resident of long standing, I do remember the ferry that crossed from McGavock Pike in Inglewood to what's now the Opryland area. I took that ferry ride many times as a kid when Mom took my dad to the airport. I also used to take it on my bike. I loved it.

Now, 40 years later, looks like I can bike across the river again...if my legs hold up.

Where could a bridge be placed? Between Shelby Park and Madison, I don't see too much area where one could be practical. I need aerials!

I need aerials!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

google it! haha. wonder if that new satellite thing on google has the new greenways on it? i'd check but i'm leaving to knoxville right now. btw, i like the 3rd bridge. looks like a mini goldgen gate.

google it! haha. wonder if that new satellite thing on google has the new greenways on it? i'd check but i'm leaving to knoxville right now. btw, i like the 3rd bridge. looks like a mini goldgen gate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Google doesnt supply a detailed graphic for nashville. i have the pay version of keyhole and its a blur at certain levels. you can only tell where things are suppost to be. you can only make out what they are if you are really farmiliar with nashville. the guy who posted this thread has the arial map of he proposed site. did you not click on the link he provided to the tennessean article?

they've started to clear the site on the east nashville side. walk (or run) the greenway from the forrest green entrance. trees were marked for removal the last time i was there (early march). I can't wait to run the entire greenway system! in march, i took a bus to the forrest green entrance and ran from shelby bottoms to downtown to west end (richland creek greenway) to belle meade and finished in green hills. what a great way to see the city. the greenways are truly a jewel.

Google doesnt supply a detailed graphic for nashville. i have the pay version of keyhole and its a blur at certain levels. you can only tell where things are suppost to be. you can only make out what they are if you are really farmiliar with nashville. the guy who posted this thread has the arial map of he proposed site. did you not click on the link he provided to the tennessean article?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

some sections of nashville are in detail. you can see opryland in detail, but not downtown. i am the guy who posted this thread. haha.

map here's a link to it. click satellite. not sure how to get it link the pinpointed destination, but this is of opryland, so just scroll south till you see the airstrip on the west side of the river. this is where the aproximate area is. you can zoom in really close.

Archived