Wake/Raleigh trying to land a big one ?

jlblaes

Long time watcher, first time poster here.

The N&O on Thursday ( http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story...p-8668751c.html ) reported that Wake County officials are considering offering economic incentives to win a major corporate prize.

So far, no one's naming the prize, citing a confidentiality agreement. But based on an incentives policy that Wake County commissioners adopted in January, it would have to be significant. Raleigh Mayor Charles Meeker is keeping mum, but he suggested that more than one economic development project could be in the works.

JB

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides RBC what about SunTrust??? I dont know if im right on this but didnt they buy out ccb? Also i read on the news and oberserver site about the proposed reynolds tower and the possible tenants in place there. The staff writer talked about the rendering with a Sun Trust logo on it. So that could be a big move right there.

I came back to edit this to back up what I said with a link..

Here you go

Vision grounded in a Bank

i cant imagine that either but since there recent gobbling of ccb they could consolidate there regional operations to raleigh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aren't their regional offices in downtown Durham now, in the old CCB building? I doubt they would move 30 miles down the road.

There are very strong rumors that SunTrust will be doing a major push into NC and will need a NC HQ for it. I've heard they do not want to build a tower in CLT, so maybe Raleigh is the choice for them. (It also puts them closer to the legislators in the state capital, a major advantage IMO)

There are very strong rumors that SunTrust will be doing a major push into NC and will need a NC HQ for it.  I've heard they do not want to build a tower in CLT, so maybe Raleigh is the choice for them.  (It also puts them closer to the legislators in the state capital, a major advantage IMO)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, If they were to build on Hillsborough Street, not only would they be close to the Capitol and Legislature, they could literally cast their shadow on them.

I can see the scene now

(somewhere in a boardroom at the top of an HQ tower)

Evil Regional Bank Head: Thats right Mr. Governor, you must change state banking law to favor us, or we will BLOCK OUT THE SUN (Dr. Evil Pose)

Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night :wacko:

Archived