A great pic of Nashville's downtown density

nashvol85

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question... I know that the Viridian is coming up next to the L&C tower... will it be on this side of the tower, or the other? Will the Viridian be seen from the river, or by those coming in from the west end? Sorry, I've only been there a couple of times and so its hard for me to position myself through north, south, east, west, explanations.. hehehe.... plus I have no sense of direction... ehehehhehe

Thanks!

Paula

I have a question... I know that the Viridian is coming up next to the L&C tower... will it be on this side of the tower, or the other?  Will the Viridian be seen from the river, or by those coming in from the west end?  Sorry, I've only been there a couple of times and so its hard for me to position myself through north, south, east, west, explanations.. hehehe.... plus I have no sense of direction... ehehehhehe

Thanks!

Paula

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is going to be on the other side, visible to those coming from the west side.

The Veridian will be almost directly behind the L & C Tower from this view and therefore would be mostly hidden. Coming into town from west end however the veridian would almost block the view of the L & C Tower. You'd basically have the opposite of this view.

b4425804.jpg

This model shows how close the L & C and Veridian will be.

Veridian%202.jpg

I have a question... I know that the Viridian is coming up next to the L&C tower... will it be on this side of the tower, or the other?  Will the Viridian be seen from the river, or by those coming in from the west end?  Sorry, I've only been there a couple of times and so its hard for me to position myself through north, south, east, west, explanations.. hehehe.... plus I have no sense of direction... ehehehhehe

Thanks!

Paula

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will be on the other side, but it is a long building, so you will be able to see it around L&C.

My downtown trips have found me standing in front of the site just trying to imagine the building's impact from street level. Completing and filling up a parking hole in the streetscape will prove very appealing. With the reworking of Church street underway and the progress on The Exhange and Church Street lofts, along with the new two-way traffic on Church, I think the entire area will take on an entirely new personality.

The building itself is so long, it'll be evident from most angles. Take the pictures in this thread for example; there are three 30-story buildings you can't even see. The Viridian will make quite an impact from many up close angles, particularly coming down Second from the 40.

By the way, if anyone hasn't been to the Symphony Center site recently, you might do that. Some of the exterior skin is being installed on one corner. Talk about snazzy looking stuff. It looks like a palace.

Here is a picture from back in January of the hole that was the start of the project. Its now up to the 2-3 story range above ground.

Nashville0188-vi.jpg

@nashvol85 - I have a picture pretty close to that one. I'm a big fan of this angle of downtown. It is IMO the best shot of the cities density while keeping BellSouth in the shot. Overall though the northside shot looking south is my favorite since it captures the Capitol, Snodgrass, and City Center in the view as well.

Nashville0142-vi.jpg

Archived