Which skyline do you prefer?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which skyline do you prefer?

• Miami
    • Atlanta

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that having The Real World in your city is something that is going to appear on many of Chamber of Commerce lists. Who cares about immature 20 somethings who feel they are super entitled to the world, and whine an beotch when they find out it isn't so. But I digress. When they did that Miami episode, it was set on a very un-urban setting and really did not have much to do with the city itself.

And the next "Real World" is filming right now again in South Florida -- in Key West. It should hit the air after the first of the year.

Key West is the anti-Miami in S. Fla. Actually, I don't think they consider themselves part of S. Fla. Kinda reminds me of the residents of Boca (I used to live there) when you mention that Broward and Dade are in the same metro. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have to vote for Atlanta. The buildings are both taller and IMO show more varied and interesting architecture. However, by 2010 I'll probably be favoring Miami. The construction going on down there is mind-boggling. Watch out if interest rates go up, though. If that happens, Miami may have an awesome skyline consisting of dozens of largely empty buildings, and bankrupt developers.

I don't think we should be arguing about which city is better. Besides, what does better mean? There are so many different things that we can compare. I am from Atlanta but have been to Miami and personally love both of the cities for different reasons.

1. Culture: I love the Cuban Culture in Miami! It's so vibrant. But I also love the southern culture in Atlanta, it's our roots.

2. Skyline: I personally like a skyline when it's on the water, so I love Miami's, But Atlanta's skyline is so varied, we have skyline districts. (Size doesn't even really matter. I'll take Nashville's skyline over LA's any day!)

3. Climate: I love the tropical feel and the palm trees of Miami, but I also love pretty fall colors, and you get that in Atlanta.

4. Rise to Prominence: Miami first became large and well known as a popular tourist spot. While it is still a Mecca for vacationers, it has a become a large business center. Atlanta rose to prominence as a business center, and while it is still a mecca for businesses, it is also an increasingly popular touridt destination.

5. Shopping/Nightlife: Atlanta and Miami's downtowns both have had another area of their city take away their shopping and nightlife; Miami's trendy Southbeach and Atlanta's posh Buckhead. However, both cities are making strides to bring more life back to their downtowns

6. Population Stats: Miami has a larger Metro are and Atlanta has a larger city population

Well, that's all I got. I hope those of you bickering can now see that neither of these cities are better than the other. It's all relative

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad we have returned to answering the original question...

Because Miami has that bayfront setting and a long line of skyscrapers in the glare of the FL sun, they definitely have a better skyline as a whole... but I agree with Hankster too when judging just the skyscrapers because Atlanta has the superior architecture and more height.

Archived