News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any news on these two projects?  Are they dead?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, i called Riverfront Equities inquiring about North Orange and was told the website is being updated to reflect changes made in this development. They have revised thier plans of 2 - 20 story towers and that these are now gonna be 2 - 33 story towers and they are supposedly awaiting approval. Keep watching for the website update. Marc

Alright, i called Riverfront Equities inquiring about North Orange and was told the website is being updated to reflect changes made in this development. They have revised thier plans of 2 - 20 story towers and that these are now gonna be 2 - 33 story towers and they are supposedly awaiting approval. Keep watching for the website update. Marc

Thanks firemick, dont know what we would do without you on these boards. :D

Very good to learn uptown wont stay the way it is in the next years, does anyone have any idea what the official height of North Orange was previous to this update?

So its going from a twin-20 story Shenzen housing project, to a 30?  Yay, can't wait.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch, tell us how you really feel. I know it is hard to get excited about this one due to the lack of info and the design is abit lacking. They are not identical twins however as the northern building is more broader.

Ouch, tell us how you really feel. I know it is hard to get excited about this one due to the lack of info and the design is abit lacking. They are not identical twins however as the northern building is more broader.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they are equally broad but one has an E/W orientation and one has a N/S orientation.

While researching (googling) North Orange, i found that this project was heard at MPB meeting on May 21, 2002 and was at that time called "Remington Apartments" at 759 N. Orange Avenue and the applicant was Jay Royall of Royall Construction Company. Here is an excerpt:

MPL2002-00003**, JAY ROYALL, REMINGTON APARTMENTS Request for Master Plan approval for development of 276 dwelling units with street level retail and parking structure. The subject property is located at 759 North Orange Avenue and consists of

While researching (googling) North Orange, i found that this project was heard at MPB meeting on May 21, 2002 and was at that time called "Remington Apartments" at 759 N. Orange Avenue and the applicant was Jay Royall of Royall Construction Company. Here is an excerpt:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Jay Royall is working on the Emerald Beach Resort project in Panama City Beach with Riverfront Equities

how about ivanhoe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been trying to talk to someone at GDC Properties about this but haven't had any luck. I am really excited about this project. I like the footprint being small and the buildings being so tall. I think this will definitrely look good at night driving south on i4 or west on Colonial from Mills/Bumby. I'll keep trying. I just dont think they take an urban enthusiast like me seriously! :w00t:

I got an e-mail reply from GDC, here it is;

The two towers will be 37 stories not sure if they're going up

simultaneously or not. We do have a recent rendering of the property.

If you have further questions let me know. I will find out about how

the

towers are going up.

Debi Seckinger

Executive Assistant

GDC Properties, Inc.

485 N. Keller Road, Suite 444

Maitland, FL 32751

O: 407.478.7600 ext 105

F: 407.478.7602

E: [email protected]

These are early designs of Ivanhoe back early 2004 when they had (1) 31 story residential tower planned at 857 N. Orange and a (1) 22 story (225 feet) mixed used tower at 899 N. Orange. This plan eventually was changed to twin 31 story towers and than late last year in November they proceeded to go before city planners and ask for the plan to be increased to twin 38 story(420 feet) towers. Well the final product should be twin 37 story towers (over 400 feet tall) and they are supposed to break ground in October 2005. Here are pics of the evolution of this project;

31 story design--------

untitled4aaa0do.jpg

The entire project including the Ustler Uptown Office Buiding

untitled5a9mt.jpg

22 story initial design

untitled2a3xb.jpg

untitled6a1vg.jpg

untitled7a0ry.jpg

The final design below

ivanhorhires18wy6ew.jpg

Archived