News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Baker Barrios' "Option C" of 800 N. Orange, for those interested. The had to alter the plan to accommodate a fire truck's turn around behind the building.

2608444135_fec6f67783_o.jpg

Looks like someone sliced the top corner off the Waverly and put it on a rail car. These guys need new blood.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a salon finishing buildout in 801 on the south/Park Lake St. side of the building. I believe this is the first service of its kind on this side of town, and I can't wait!

if so, then that should be 5 retailers in the building, right?

1. Citrus

2. Sushi place

3. Cleaners

4. Salon

5. Coffee Shop

am I getting this right?

if so, then that should be 5 retailers in the building, right?

1. Citrus

2. Sushi place

3. Cleaners

4. Salon

5. Coffee Shop

am I getting this right?

Starting from the north heading south: 1) Citrus Restaurant, 2) Olde Town Brokers, 3) Daily Grind coffee, 4) Shin Sushi, [then East] 5) Large empty space (>2,000 sqft), 6) Dolce Vita hair salon (buildout looks about 80% complete)

^^

yes... I drove by there last night and saw them. very impressed they filled the ground floor so well so far. Ustler must be extatic.

Here's Baker Barrios' "Option C" of 800 N. Orange, for those interested. The had to alter the plan to accommodate a fire truck's turn around behind the building.

I hope they build this. will lok snazzy from PTP North. and another 10 floors wouldn't hurt. they should mandate at least 12-14 stories min. for all future projects. not asking for miracles. but... at the rate things are going... I've take anything over 2 stories.

I think that both buildings will help identify a busy neighborhood, and add meaning and daily usage of the name Uptown. The shoppes on North Orange Ave could become more prominent, that's already a great district. So the infill in Uptown will be welcome. We just have to remember "street level", maybe soon a building the size of one of the South Eola condos will come to the area. But one disapointment, isn't that area outside the FAA height restrictions?

No, it is in the restrictions. The problem that I have with the are, is that anything that could be built in out core should. If those taller structures were built in the core, the CBD would be dramatically different. Uptown should be midrise.

• 4 years later...

Looked around Orlando UP and didn't see any recent threads on Baker Barrios' 800 N. Orange (My apologies if I missed it). Anway, the project is back on the docket March 26th.  (see new renderings: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102989576106-70/800+N.+Orange+Ave..pdf).

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

If The Sevens, 801 N, the hotel by Mama B's, and the proposed pedestrian bridge/urban trail connection over Colonial happen in the next two years this part of town is really going to come alive...I hope it al happens.

this project will be the "glue" that substantially completes the buildout of "uptown" to the extent that you could jog up and down Orange and have it be mainly built out.  great news.  also because of the retail component as well.

800 N. will be a feather in the cap to add more density.  it will be really cool sandwiched in there just north of Steelhouse.

Archived