News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the final design at 37 stories or is the the 38 story proposal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Per GDC, these will be 37 stories and will break ground in October, They knocked it down a story, so the 38 floors was the 420 foot high number. So i am guessing these wil be around 410 feet.

Talk about evolving projects.

New North Orange Condos elevations. As you can see, they are going for a single tower (better views for all!) with a smaller office building with retail on ground floor. Overall, a better project.

NorthOrangeCondos.jpg

^^ very sharp! Looks great. The architecture really does well to minimize the visual effect of the balconies (at least it looks to have balconies :huh: ), something that some of the other projects don't really do as well (mainly BBarch ones, IMO). The office and retail bldgs look great too - very inviting from street level. I think this might have just become my new favorite!

From pure conjucture, if they apply for a MPB approval (revision of thier master plan approval), it'll take them 3 months from the end of this month to get full approval. At least the project is moving.

So does the 33 story tower face Orange still? and if so i guess the smaller buildings face Park Lake? Can anyone clarify that? I do like it, but we did lose a tower in the overall count, although it was two Ugly 20 story towers. Nice redux.

NorthOrangeCondos.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the left rendering of the Ivanhoe, there are a couple of spires (or lights/trees/etc) that appear to reach higher than the roof but they don't show up in the the other rendering. What's the deal with these?

I'm alot more excited about this project now and hope it doesn't take another several years to materialize as the previous design had. I cannot wait for this Uptown area to blossom into something. I wish i had the money to open a restaurant/bar in that area. :thumbsup:

Uptown area projects----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Riverfront Equities- North Orange Condos at 759 N. Orange Avenue

newly redesigned 33 story tower and 6 story office building

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Ustler Development - 801 N. Orange Avenue 8 story offive building with approximately 112,780 total sq. feet (86,972 for lease/sale office space) and (16,500 ground floor retail,restaurant and showroom space)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. GDC Properties - Ivanhoe Apartments 857 N. Orange Tower 1 @ 37 stories

Ivanhoe Apartments 899 N. Orange Tower 2 @ 37 stories

*** 488 rental units between the two towers

*** 14,000 sq. feet of ground floor retail and restaurant space

4. International Housing Group/DBL LLC- Orlando Palace (481 total residential units)

Tower 1 @ 34 stories and 164 apartments 1030 N. Orange

Tower 2 @ 37 stories and 217 condos 1030 N. Orange

**23,266 sq. feet of retail and restaurant space

5. "Kodsi development" at NW corner of Colonial and Orange across from North Orange Condos coming soon

Is the left elevation the new east elevation (Orange Ave.)? So the wide sides of the building will face North/South?

Will 801 N. Orange still be a go with this new office building on-site? It seemed like 801 N. Orange architectural style was made to match that of the older Ivanhoe renderings...could a restyling of that be in order as well?

Lastly, in the left rendering of the Ivanhoe, there are a couple of spires (or lights/trees/etc) that appear to reach higher than the roof but they don't show up in the the other rendering. What's the deal with these?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse my stupidity...the post I quoted above was made because I thought the renderings for a new version of the Ivanhoe towers, not North Orange. Forget about all those questions except for the one about the spires.

Let me add that this is a way better design than the previous two commie blocks and should complement the Ivanhoe nicely.

I can't tell what those are on top of the North Orange building. I guess some sort of ornamentation or sign. One thing about this 4 block area in Uptown, its going to be lopsided for awhile until Kodsi builds on the other side of Orange.

^ Yeah, your right, i looked at it closer and it does appear to be 34 or 35 floors. Can't make out if that is a 2nd floor window or larger atrium. I really do like this revision as it looks more urbanny and less beachy or as prahaboheme described it's earlier design as "commie block". I love that term. :rofl:

Wasn't this originally supposed to be an 8 story apartment building........Then turned into twin 20 story towers.........and now a 34 story tower.......Based on this trend the next redesign should be a 56 story needle.............They can even put a bird's nest on top for the bird's flying around in the new rendering...........

Archived