News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

Wasn't this originally supposed to be an 8 story apartment building........Then turned into twin 20 story towers.........and now a 34 story tower.......Based on this trend the next redesign should be a 56 story needle.............They can even put a bird's nest on top for the bird's flying around in the new rendering...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think so. It was called Remington Apartments and then it evolved into condos with the twin 20 story "commie block" or "shenzen" looking buildings. I am wondering something though....they had already sold out both towers previously which were 40 floors of condos, now they have just one tower at lets say 35, do they have less inventory now? Also you see how big them seagulls are in the rendering....they are HUGE!!!!!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse my stupidity...the post I quoted above was made because I thought the renderings for a new version of the Ivanhoe towers, not North Orange. Forget about all those questions except for the one about the spires.

Let me add that this is a way better design than the previous two commie blocks and should complement the Ivanhoe nicely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't feel bad. I have been reading these boards for several months and I am still having trouble keeping all of the locations straight.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about anyone else but I recently broke down and subscribed to OBJ. This was becoming harder and harder to find consistently. I now get a full pdf copy that is available for download on Friday mornings. By the time it comes in the mailbox in the afternoon it's old news.

I don't know about anyone else but I recently broke down and subscribed to OBJ. This was becoming harder and harder to find consistently. I now get a full pdf copy that is available for download on Friday mornings. By the time it comes in the mailbox in the afternoon it's old news.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, i might have to breeak down as well, cause i can't find it anywhere. Do you get the pictures in the online edition like you do in the print? ***Heard a rumor that the small amount of retail at the NW corner of N. Orange and 50 were told that when thier lease is up it wont be renewed and they have to relocate***.

Hmm, i might have to breeak down as well, cause i can't find it anywhere. Do you get the pictures in the online edition like you do in the print? ***Heard a rumor that the small amount of retail at the NW corner of N. Orange and 50 were told that when thier lease is up it wont be renewed and they have to relocate***.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Every page in full color including ads. It actually looks better than the print version. Also any insert magazines which they do sometimes are included.

• 1 month later...

Is that big green area right in front of the cane the location for the Ivanhoe project? If it is, that is almost too bad that they have to remove all that greenery for construction. Its much nicer when they tear down old, run down buildings to build these new projects, like they did for the Plaza and the Vue.

^ah yess!  I like that.  My understanding of this project (from an extremely reliable source) is that the developer is still in limbo with the FAA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does 'in limbo with the FAA' mean ? Does it mean he's fighting for a waiver ?

I may be a retard..but what exactly does that mean?

Also..where did you get the new picture?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm still trying to figure it out myself, I got the quote and the picture in an e-mail. Supposedly there is an even newer rendering then this one.

In Orlando development terms I think it means "We have a rendering and a great idea but are not sure when the construction will begin". I actually think we have a lot of projects that fall in this category. Maybe I am just a little anxious to see some more cranes and vertical construction....

Archived