News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. You can get your coffee and get your clothes cleaned around your own neighborhood in Metrowest, so why should residents of downtown have to leave their neighborhood to do the same? Granted, the coffee thing is a bit of a stretch since you can get coffee most everwhere, but you get the idea about the neighborhood services. Having such business and services downtown won't make it exclusive but rather livable. Would you want to live in Metrowest if you had to get on I-4 each time you wanted to get groceries or drop off a movie rental?

I'm not against big retail stores coming to downtown at all, don't get me wrong. I just think that in order to create that 24-hour city with hordes of downtown residents, you need to lay the foundation by encouraging these simple services to sprout up instead of jumping straight to urban malls.

true. i think we are on our way, but need much more, of businesses like you mention to sustain downtown residents... Central ave stretch to thorton park is on track for this..i.e grocery (Paramount Publix) along with whats already there (cleaners, pizza shop, grocery, coffee (multiple), etc... I think the eola and thorton park areas are going to be ahead of this since they are more residential.

But for the Orange ave stretch, these dry cleaner, grocery type places are a bit out of reach. Sure you can walk it, but would anyone really not get in there car. doubt it. We need these same businesses for Orange ave stretch now, where most things now close when the offices close.

But, on the same note, that same stretch is perfect for bringing in the big retail, Crate&Barrel, Winter Park park ave types to bring in the outside downtown retail shoppers. But, I agree, first things first. But also no reason this cant be done at the same time.

FYI, they are starting level 5 at 801. It seems like the 5th floor has a taller ceiling than the other 4 lower levels- which is good. somebody confirm this. my point is that if floors 5-8 are taller, then this thing will be even more visible from I-4 over the rooftop of that ugly out of place Echelon Cheney Place former apt. complex.

FYI, they are starting level 5 at 801. It seems like the 5th floor has a taller ceiling than the other 4 lower levels- which is good. somebody confirm this. my point is that if floors 5-8 are taller, then this thing will be even more visible from I-4 over the rooftop of that ugly out of place Echelon Cheney Place former apt. complex.

Floors 2,3,4 are 10ft. Floors 5-8 are going to be 13'.

What exactly is "in place" along that stretch of Orange Ave?

Anybody know the total height of 801 North Orange???

Also, I talked with GDC properties about the Ivanhoe..They are still working on the construction design and appear to be still on track for a January groundbreaking, although it still could change...No new renderings...

Anybody know the total height of 801 North Orange???

Also, I talked with GDC properties about the Ivanhoe..They are still working on the construction design and appear to be still on track for a January groundbreaking, although it still could change...No new renderings...

Sounds like orlandonative does.......I add up 82 feet not counting the first floor. My guess would be 102 feet. But that is only a guesstimation.

"Meanwhile, Mulhall said, GDC Properties expects to start construction early next year on twin towers planned for the southeast corner of North Orange Avenue and Marks Street in downtown Orlando. That $80 million project includes 486 apartments.

GDC considered developing condos instead of rental units, but Mulhall said downtown "needs rentals. We think there's a good rental opportunity now" because of a recent flurry of condo conversions in and near the city's center.

The Orange-Marks project includes a 960-space parking garage with a rooftop deck for residents.

GDC Properties paid $2.6 million for 3.5 acres at Orange and Marks in 2004. The company later sold a little more than an acre to Ustler II Inc. for $1.3 million. Ustler is building office condos and retail space now on that site, at Orange Avenue and Park Lake Street."

• 1 month later...

Archived