News on the Ivanhoe, 801 N. Orange?

stevecrew0518

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the new Ivanhoe towers design. That Wachovia building has been lonely for a very long time. Anything else they can build in that area would be much appreciated. :)

I wish they would get rid of those ugly pink multi-family buildings on the north side of Lake Ivanhoe (just before antique row).

I understand this is another gay community but their standards are typically much higher when it comes to the type of properties they choose to live in. Where is the gay pride? Can't some please buy that place out and put up a couple of condo towers with commercial space on the ground floor (outdoor cafe's/restaurants) overlooking the lake.

Can someone please explain how this horrific display of architecture can exist in an otherwise upscale community (north orange/college park)? Can someone at least let the owner of those properties know that they are not something to be proud of!?! :w00t::shok:

Here's another property in the Antique Row area that I've always wondered about... the property is blocked in red below... The location is right behind the CSX tracks behind Dr Phillips Performing Arts Center, and the Lava Lounge strip of shops...

norange8iu.jpg

I understand that this property is flanked by railroad, but really its a giant, half-paved, underused parking lot in a spectacular location between Lakes Ivanhoe and Highland. If developed properly, nearly all units could conceivably have water views. Not to mention it's in walking distance of the shops/restaurants/bars on N. Orange, as well as the up-and-coming row of shops on Virginia...

Does anyone have any insight on why this area is undeveloped? As far as I've seen, with the exception of Friday and Saturday nights (for Lava Lounge parking), this lot is largely unused...

Actually, and I'm not sure, but I thought Lake Highland Prep bought this land to develop sports fields or a mini sports complex for the school.

I believe there is an agreement between the City/OUC and Lake Highland to improve this public land for park lands/baseball field for lake highland, the major hang-up being TCE contamination in the soil... there is also a major bike path (the Dinky Line on the soon-to-be abandoned RXR - once the lumber yard closes at Mills/Nebraska next year) planned along here that will eventually connect with Gertrude's Walk, Mills/Nebraska and the now open bridge at Loch Haven over Lake Formosa.

There could be a residential component integrated into the space on the east side, but certainly no high-rises.

I wish they would get rid of those ugly pink multi-family buildings on the north side of Lake Ivanhoe (just before antique row).

I understand this is another gay community but their standards are typically much higher when it comes to the type of properties they choose to live in. Where is the gay pride? Can't some please buy that place out and put up a couple of condo towers with commercial space on the ground floor (outdoor cafe's/restaurants) overlooking the lake.

Can someone please explain how this horrific display of architecture can exist in an otherwise upscale community (north orange/college park)? Can someone at least let the owner of those properties know that they are not something to be proud of!?! :w00t::shok:

Where is the gay community, or the city employees that seem to be so active on this forum, when you need them?

Everybody finds this "pink" development on the north side of Lk Ivanhoe and next to Antique Row acceptable? No comments? Does anyone know the story behind this jewel of a development?

• 2 weeks later...

Where is "uptown" orlando - the area east and south of town, or is it on the other side of I-4 because that area seems to be on the rebound with new projects.

orlando's downtown to me is sooo spread out (maybe even more than atlanta's on a smaller scale), but nonetheless, this could actually could be an advantage in that ya'll can have a downtow, uptown, and a midtown...anyway just enlighten me on these areas of town that I seem to have trouble following.

thanks

Uptown is the area North of Colonial from I4 over to Magnolia including North Orange Avenue 700 block up to 1200 block of North Orange along Lake Ivanhoe with the strip of shoppes. Sky Towers, Ivanhoe Apartments, North Orange Condos are planned for this area. Midtown is the area where PBLT and Orange County Cthouse are.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived