Breakfast downtown

egrguy

I used to frequent Taps quite often on the weekends as it was the only place that I knew that served breakfast until like 2pm. Just recently I discovered that they no longer do breakfast so my question is are there any reccomendations on good breakfast places downtown?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jdkacz,

First off, welcome to the forum. Sundance Grill and Bite (both on Ionia and Pearl) offer breakfast. I don't know if Bite offers a full sit down breakfast or what. Cafe Solace has a good Omelette bar (Monroe Centre). We need a Wolfgang's or Red G. downtown. There aren't a lot of great places for breakfast.

Joe

I used to frequent Taps quite often on the weekends as it was the only place that I knew that served breakfast until like 2pm. Just recently I discovered that they no longer do breakfast so my question is are there any reccomendations on good breakfast places downtown?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not downtown, but try Real Food Cafe in Alger Heights for awesome food and really friendly help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Real Food Cafe has been wildly successful. The little place is always packed between 7 - 11 AM. Wouldn't it be great if they opened a second cafe downtown? They'd probably have to call in crowd control to calm the masses of hungry office workers. :D

There is a place a little north of downtown called Waterworks Pub which serves breakfast. It is inside of the Boardwalk Apartments on north Monroe. It is usually busier at night, but the breakfast isn't bad.

Archived