Dollywood coming to Nashville?

linclink

• 5 months later...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know folks just south of Franklin, they seem to think Dollywood is sniffing around in the are aof the new extension of 840 a couple of miles west of Hwy 431 and !-65, that was the word as of late August, I havent talked to them since then. Does anyone else know anything else?

I wouldn't want to see Dollywood come to Nashville. I respect the country music industry and what it has done for Nashville but I really don't want to see a them park built that is connected to a well known country music artist such as Dolly Parton. Everyone cares a what people think. I guess I'm connecting this to my desire of wanting to see other qualites of the city exalted besides those that have to do with "Country". Six flags will not work, to many to close. Nashville does need a them park, I would love to drive 20 minutes down the road to a park rather than drive to Atlanta or Kentucky.

wouldn't it be a lot more expensive to build out there? that ground is really tough to build on.

Sure. But at sometime, somebody is going to have to develop that land. Look at Cincy and Pittsburgh. Those hills north of town are nothing compared to some of the stuff in either of these large cities. Matter of fact, they make the area around them even more intriguing.

Archived