2 New Office Buildings in Downtown Nash

linclink

Just found this article, and thought it was interesting that they mention the building of 2 office buildings in Downtown Nashville.... I know the Sun Trust building is one of them.... what is the other???? Signature Tower, perhaps???? Anyone have any ideas? Also, I noteiced they mentioned construction of the courthouse.... might it begin this year??? Nice to see them mention that the baseball stadium construction will begin this year!

http://southcentral.construction.com/featu.../0503_cover.asp

Downtown Nashville should see the beginnings of a new baseball stadium, two office buildings and continued work on the city's courthouse, he added.

And the city's educational and religious communities are not sitting still.

"Schools and churches are still a big part of the construction industry," Smith said.

Vanderbilt University, which plans to start its new "residential college" in 2005, will add five residence halls and a dining facility in a project said to top $100 million.

Judy Filler, sales rep at Metro Ready Mix Concrete and president of the American Subcontractors Association's Middle Tennessee Chapter, said the outlook is for "healthy growth, better than last year."

The Nashville area continues to enjoy strong growth in single-family housing, as well as big projects such as Schermerhorn Symphony Hall, Gateway Bridge and multi-million-dollar water treatment plants in Nashville and suburban Franklin.

"There is a lot of redevelopment downtown," Filler said. "There's a lot of money being spent."

The industrial and distribution sector in the Nashville area "has slowed down a little bit," Smith said. "It's still healthy, but not booming."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I understand, Signature has not been approved yet. As far as construction goes, the Viridian is on its way up, and the symphony hall is well underway. The Sun Trust building downtown is scheduled for groundbreaking in...June maybe? I'm guessing the other office developement would be the approved West End Summit. Other projects include a 7 story addition to the police station on James Robertson Pkwy and the construction of the parking garage/public square behind the courthouse as well as the planned downtown Sounds stadium. I hear SoBro and the gulch are starting to get some things done/planned right now.

There are a lot of ifs in Nashville right now, and if they get built, downtown could be amazing in a couple of years...

I hear mention on some other boards of Nashville "dismal" office market. Doesn't sound dismal at all. Here's a link to the City Paper's article this morning. Things look promising and the time looks right for dramatic office growth. Unfortunately, it won't all be downtown, but I guess we have to share. For what it's worth, here's the link:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=40578

I'm sorry for bringing up the suburbs but does Cool Springs have a height limit? And is another office building going up where they are digging up the ground? Y'all might not know, but if you do, I'd like to know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard a while back (when a lot of the Cool Springs office/hotel stuff was under construction) that Franklin officially had a 6 story building height limit, but the city was "looking the other way" when it came to Cool Springs developement (basically they wouldn't allow highrise construction to ruin the historic downtown area).

I don't know if it is actually true, but that's what I heard.

I hear mention on some other boards of Nashville "dismal" office market. Doesn't sound dismal at all. Here's a link to the City Paper's article this morning. Things look promising and the time looks right for dramatic office growth. Unfortunately, it won't all be downtown, but I guess we have to share. For what it's worth, here's the link:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=40578

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds like great news! Maybe the developers will take it upon themselves to concentrate on downtown office developement rather than those silly suburban office "parks".

Archived