Many Raleigh articles featured

JunktionFET

It looks like the Triangle Business Journal went a little crazy this week with what looks to be fourteen articles pertaining to development and projects in the Triangle area. The "In Depth" section this week alone has some interesting bits of information regarding downtown. Take a look at this link. I know the Biz Journals are known for hyping things up a bit, but these articles are pretty good.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the article titled Just how far has Raleigh come?

They left a city with a long wish list. Here's a look at some of what's in demand:

Tenants for some of the buildings that have sat empty for too long. Filling N.C. Railroad's restored depot in the warehouse district or the Raleigh Office Supply building just off Glenwood South would boost the momentum in those areas.

The Depot looks like a top-notch restoration job on a unique building. I hear that a restaurant was supposed to go in there but they backed out just before closing the deal. I'm a bit surprised that nobody else has moved yet.

A grocery store to call its own.
With the Seaboard Warehouses renovation, hopefully that will happen pretty soon...

A time machine to go back and shift the political will that put the RBC Center out near the state fairgrounds rather than in the heart of the city.
Amen, amen, amen.

From the article titled Just how far has Raleigh come?

The Depot looks like a top-notch restoration job on a unique building. I hear that a restaurant was supposed to go in there but they backed out just before closing the deal. I'm a bit surprised that nobody else has moved yet.

With the Seaboard Warehouses renovation, hopefully that will happen pretty soon...

Amen, amen, amen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, yeah the damn arena thing still bothers me... but oh well. Live and learn I suppose, and I hope they learned.

I haven't taken a good look at The Depot project, but I remember hearing about it about a year or year and a half ago. I'm never in the Warehouse District during the day :lol:

Archived