Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

Old Kmart to become Target

8 posts in this topic

it was on WXII News tonight that it's highly likely that the vacant Kmart on S Main St thats been closed for two years will become a new Target. It'd be 120,000 s/f... to add it is not too far from Dell's plant. Could become a power center with other power center type stores.

Its not really a headliner when Target decides to move in a city, but this is a nice step for Kernersville. A lot of development news in Forsyth County has been in Kernersville for the past couple of weeks, and I agree, Dell has a lot to do with it.

I think they've bulldozed the Kmart and there's a steel frame up for the Target now

They're going to build a store similar to the new Burlington Taregt, I'll bet

Is the announcement of a couple of big box stores really cause for celebration? It doesn't really constitute progress.

Is the announcement of a couple of big box stores really cause for celebration? It doesn't really constitute progress.

I think a Target coming to Kernersville is a good thing. It certainly beats having an empty Kmart.

The box store was already there and it was empty, so I think a Target is much better than an empty waste of space.