Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleepy

Memphis warehouse conversion

2 posts in this topic

The Piggly-Wiggly warehouse (great name, huh?) was originally the warehouse for the Piggly-Wiggly grocery chain which was the first self-service grocery store in the US, headquartered in Memphis. It's been one of my favorite old Memphis warehouses for awhile now--a real hulk of a 100 yr. old building. Plans were recently announced to renovate it into 35 condos ranging in size from 896sf - 2209sf and priced from $250,000 to $500,000. It's located on the southside of downtown Memphis, nestled amidst train tracks, and some expensive grit.

Glad they intend to keep the name--"The Wiggly Condos" :lol:

In its heyday:

41966747.jpg

Its current state:

original.jpg

Renderings:

41966775.jpg

41966762.jpg

The Piggly-Wiggly warehouse (great name, huh?) was originally the warehouse for the Piggly-Wiggly grocery chain which was the first self-service grocery store in the US, headquartered in Memphis.  It's been one of my favorite old Memphis warehouses for awhile now--a real hulk of a 100 yr. old building.  Plans were recently announced to renovate it into 35 condos ranging in size from 896sf - 2209sf and priced from $250,000 to $500,000.  It's located on the southside of downtown Memphis, nestled amidst train tracks, and some expensive grit.

Glad they intend to keep the name--"The Wiggly Condos"  :lol:

In its heyday:

41966747.jpg

Its current state:

original.jpg

Renderings:

41966775.jpg

41966762.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that looks similar to what they are doing on 8th ave to a warehouse in nashville. those look awesome sleepy, great name too! :D i love it when cities can have renovated old buildings so people don't forget the history of the city. memphis is really doing a great job (and have been) at being an urban oriented city.