• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raintree21

Miss USA from Charlotte

6 posts in this topic

Miss USA was announced tonight and she's from Charlotte. Anybody watch? I'm curious as to how they portrayed Charlotte in the competition, if at all. Perhaps this will increase our recognition throughout the country.

Congrats to Miss Mecklen--, I mean, Miss North Carolina for capturing the Miss USA title. :whistling:

I was reading The Charlotte Observer (this past Sunday's edition) which had a piece about the pageant which started off with: "North Carolina has never won the Miss USA title, partly because South Carolina has hogged it three times since the pageant's inception." OK, the pageant started in 1952 if I'm not mistaken. How does SC winning the pageant only three times in over 50 years qualify as "hogging the title"? I guess since both states share the same "last name," we make such an easy target in this one, as neither VA or TN were cited...LOL. At any rate, we have 3 Miss USA titles and 2 Miss Universe titles....time to catch up NC... :D

At any rate, I'm wishing the best for her in the Miss Universe contest.

It was funny to read in the Charlotte Observer that she considered herself a tomboy up until age 14. I went to her middle school and she wore makeup to gym class and was considered the hottest girl in the school. Oh well, I'm sure she rolled around in the mud just like she said. Congrats anyway.