Miss USA from Charlotte

Raintree21

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Miss Mecklen--, I mean, Miss North Carolina for capturing the Miss USA title. :whistling:

I was reading The Charlotte Observer (this past Sunday's edition) which had a piece about the pageant which started off with: "North Carolina has never won the Miss USA title, partly because South Carolina has hogged it three times since the pageant's inception." OK, the pageant started in 1952 if I'm not mistaken. How does SC winning the pageant only three times in over 50 years qualify as "hogging the title"? I guess since both states share the same "last name," we make such an easy target in this one, as neither VA or TN were cited...LOL. At any rate, we have 3 Miss USA titles and 2 Miss Universe titles....time to catch up NC... :D

At any rate, I'm wishing the best for her in the Miss Universe contest.

It was funny to read in the Charlotte Observer that she considered herself a tomboy up until age 14. I went to her middle school and she wore makeup to gym class and was considered the hottest girl in the school. Oh well, I'm sure she rolled around in the mud just like she said. Congrats anyway.

Archived