Forumer locations

okinawatyphoon

For people posting in the Hampton Roads forum: Where are you located?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. For people posting in the Hampton Roads forum: Where are you located?

• Norfolk
    • Va. Beach
    • Chesapeake
    • Portsmouth
    • Suffolk
    • Richmond area
    • Peninsula
    • Other

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just a little curious...where are you guys? Also, this forum gets quite lonely during the day....I must be the only one in this time zone! hahaha :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol talk about lonely, thats how I feel every day, all day in the Richmond forum :) I'd set up a poll like this but I'd probably be the only one that voted :)

lol talk about lonely, thats how I feel every day, all day in the Richmond forum :) I'd set up a poll like this but I'd probably be the only one that voted :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, I know theres more richmonders on this site than you worldcoupe, it's not that bad. ;)

okinawatyphoon are you planning on moving back here when you get old enough to live on your own?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably not, but I definately will visit again. I plan on going to college in Wisconsin to become a meteorologist, but lately urban planning has popped into my head as a possible college major... :rolleyes:

Probably not, but I definately will visit again. I plan on going to college in Wisconsin to become a meteorologist, but lately urban planning has popped into my head as a possible college major... :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha. We're one in the same, OT.

When I was in h.s. I wanted to be a meteorologist and started looking at schools such as SUNY Albany, Maryland, Colo St., etc. But then I changed my mind and majored in history at JMU. Then I changed my mind again and now I'm working on a Master degree in city planning at Rutgers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a shame you don't move back here with the passion you show for the area. We would be glad to have you back. Who knows where life takes us. If you don't mind me asking, why are you so passionate about this area? Why not a place you plan on moving to?

Its a shame you don't move back here with the passion you show for the area. We would be glad to have you back. Who knows where life takes us. If you don't mind me asking, why are you so passionate about this area? Why not a place you plan on moving to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm not sure why I am so passionate about this area. It could be partly because it is the first area that I grew up in that I can remember. I lived in Chesapeake from 5 years old til I was 13. I'm just not sure....but I know ever since I saw the Norfolk skyline, I knew I wanted to see it all the time. One of the only reasons I would go to a Tides game was to see the skyline for 30 seconds on the bridge!! haha. I just love Norfolk for some reason....maybe I'll figure it out later.

And to lammius, was there anything specific in meteorology that you wanted to study? Obviously I want to study typhoons haha.

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm not sure why I am so passionate about this area. It could be partly because it is the first area that I grew up in that I can remember. I lived in Chesapeake from 5 years old til I was 13. I'm just not sure....but I know ever since I saw the Norfolk skyline, I knew I wanted to see it all the time. One of the only reasons I would go to a Tides game was to see the skyline for 30 seconds on the bridge!! haha. I just love Norfolk for some reason....maybe I'll figure it out later.

And to lammius, was there anything specific in meteorology that you wanted to study? Obviously I want to study typhoons haha.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i love the city too. I was born and raised in the city. I had some really hard times and some really good times here. People just don't understand why I love it so much, even i can't really understand it. The city feels like a part of me and when i had to leave for a couple of years it felt like a piece of me was missing. It sounds crazy but I just can't explain it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I was obsessed with hurricanes. My grandparents have a house on the Outer Banks and I loved going down there to secure the place. So naturally I became fascinated with the phenomenon.

Yeah I was obsessed with hurricanes.  My grandparents have a house on the Outer Banks and I loved going down there to secure the place.  So naturally I became fascinated with the phenomenon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow...we have a lot in common. It started for me in Chesapeake with the hurricanes, but when I moved to Okinawa, I became obsessed. We get about 4 strong typhoons (hurricanes) each year!!!!

Wow...we have a lot in common. It started for me in Chesapeake with the hurricanes, but when I moved to Okinawa, I became obsessed. We get about 4 strong typhoons (hurricanes) each year!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a few more than I'd be comfortable with. haha. I'm kinda bummed about missing out on a potentially hot hurricane season this year. It's easy for me to say that since I don't own property, of course.

Archived