Richmond's Nascar Hall of Fame Bid

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, but i never said its not possible that Richmond gets it. The only problem is that they are going against bigger cities and that usually means the smaller city gets overlooked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We'll see. And if it goes elsewhere, it's not the end of the World. :)

I hope that stampede over computers at RIR doesn't subliminally stay in the minds of the NASCAR delegation when they visit Tuesday the 23rd. Though RIR was in no way responsible, nor was the City of Richmond, perceptions can influence peoples' thinking.

On the other hand, as showbiz and coupe say, "any publicity is good publicity". :lol:

Something tells me that Kansas City may have a wrap on this thing, though I'm definitely rooting for Richmond (ooops, I mean Henrico). :)

Virginians Racing for Nascar Hall of Fame announces their first choice for HOF. It would be at the junction of two Interstates north of Richmond - I-95 and I-295. Over 100,000 cars pass here daily. It would have a theme hotel, restaurants and retail as well as the Hall. Richmond officials will fly the delegation over the site in a helicopter. They will also discuss optional sites in Henrico County. The Nascar delegation will be feted at Riverfront Plaza and lavishly fed at The Governor's Mansion. Governor Mark Warner will host that luncheon.

Richmond may have a better chance at this than many suspect. :)

I don't know...I'm still confused as to what this is a picture of. All the other proposals seem to be clear to me what most everything in their rendering is. Richmond's on the other hand is very difficult to decipher. Hopefully, Richmond's "secret" will be the clincher to get the bid!

PressAerial.jpg

You know.... with such a prime location at 95 and 295, I'm starting to feel better about Richmond's chances. It will also provide projected revenue of $188 million a year which is way above the other cities. I wasn't too sold on it being at the race track considering the area around the race track isn't exactly.... well that nice. I can't wait to hear more from NASCAR's visit!

Seems like NASCAR will be in store for a serious welcoming to our area!

Area to give All for Hall

First stop:

"NASCAR executives will arrive at 9:40 a.m. to a red-carpet welcome by members of the Virginia Air National Guard at the Richmond Jet Center."

Second stop:

"The delegation immediately will be driven to Riverfront Plaza, whose twin buildings will be draped with giant banners touting the Richmond bid. Inside, Virginians Racing for the Hall of Fame will make its formal pitch in the Virginia Economic Development Partnership Presentation Center."

After the presentation at Riverfront Plaza and the wonderful view that must come from being in one of those towers,

"the visit will move to the Executive Mansion for a luncheon. Gov. Mark Warner will address the delegation about the bid, which is expected to include a significant chunk of state funding."

Then there will be an hour long news conference at the Executive Mansion. After that,

"several helicopters will provide the entire NASCAR delegation with an aerial view of Richmond and the potential sites for the hall. The primary location is a 250-acre tract at the northern junction of Interstates 95 and 295. A spot at Richmond International Raceway also is being offered."

Anyone calling Richmond a long shot is a fool.

You know.... with such a prime location at  95 and 295, I'm starting to feel better about Richmond's chances. It will also provide projected revenue of $188 million a year which is way above the other cities. I wasn't too sold on it being at the race track considering the area around the race track isn't exactly.... well that nice. I can't wait to hear more from NASCAR's visit!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do they mean when they talk about projected revenue? :blink:

Seems like NASCAR will be in store for a serious welcoming to our area!

Area to give All for Hall

Second stop:

"The delegation immediately will be driven to Riverfront Plaza, whose twin buildings will be draped with giant banners touting the Richmond bid. Inside, Virginians Racing for the Hall of Fame will make its formal pitch in the Virginia Economic Development Partnership Presentation Center."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone has to get a great photo of the huge banners that will go up on the Riverfront towers and post them here. That's a sight I want to see...really bad!!!

I think Daytona Beach could likely beat out Charlotte, Richmnd and Atlatna simply because of the well known Daytona 500 which is like the superbowl for NASCAR. Daytona is already a vaction destination with Disney World and other vacation destinations not too far away. and there is a logic putting the hall of fame there. The NASCAR headqaurters is also in Daytona Beach.

I think Daytona Beach could likely beat out Charlotte, Richmnd and Atlatna simply because of the well known Daytona 500 which is like the superbowl for NASCAR. Daytona is already a vaction destination with Disney World and other vacation destinations not too far away. and there is a logic putting the hall of fame there. The NASCAR headqaurters is also in Daytona Beach.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, of course, Cityboi, we hope it will be Richmond. I keep thinking, if I weren't partial, what city would make the most sense, and it still comes up Richmond because of its location within 500 miles of half the Nation's population.

But time will tell. :)

Someone has to get a great photo of the huge banners that will go up on the Riverfront towers and post them here.  That's a sight I want to see...really bad!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahaha I was thinking the same thing! I'm thinking of going down there tomorrow morning to snap a pic of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course, I'm hoping Richmond wins this thing, but something inside of me tells me that KC is going to be the winner. If NASCAR is trying to tap into a new market of people, it would only be logical to place it out west (or rather in the middle of the country) so that it would be fairly easy access to all of the nation, not just half. The western states are a market to be tapped with NASCAR and I think that's what they are looking for. KC seems like the choice NASCAR will make, but I'd sure like to see them knocked off their feet when they get here tomorrow! It would have to be the perfect plan, the perfect location and an offer they cannot refuse! Good luck tomorrow Richmond!

Archived