Richmond's Nascar Hall of Fame Bid

wrldcoupe4

"The hall of fame will offer high-tech displays and 68,000 square feet of exhibit space in a complex totaling at least 129,000 square feet on about 20 acres of land." from a link earlier in this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Coupe, but what is it going to look like? The rendering totally baffles me. :silly:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay this is from the Times-Dispatch which also had the rendering above....the description makes the image make more sense. I'll say it is definitely outside the box:

Richmond Hall finally revealed

VRHOF offers two-tiered, 129,000-foot building with hotel, retail shops on site

................A rendering of an overhead view showed the 129,000-square-foot facility would be surrounded by an oval-shaped promenade designed to resemble a racetrack. The two-tiered hall would feature a glass "Skybox" with exhibits and a caf

Our friend Brent (Spenser) got the Charlotte readers in a tizzy with his intelligent comments on Richmond's HOF plans.

I have to agree with him that Charlotte will win it, but Richmond's long shot chances may be stronger than we think. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

gotta save the best for last :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey guys! I'm back today (I was on "alert" the past day and a half). Anyway, I think that this is very good news. Being last means that we will be able to make a lasting (excuse the pun) impression on the committee. It is just simple human nature for the mind to remember the last think it saw. Hopefully, we'll be able to make an awesome presentation!

Hey guys!  I'm back today (I was on "alert" the past day and a half).  Anyway, I think that this is very good news.  Being last means that we will be able to make a lasting (excuse the pun) impression on the committee.  It is just simple human nature for the mind to remember the last think it saw.  Hopefully, we'll be able to make an awesome presentation!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The schedule is: Daytona August 9th; Atlanta August 16th; Charlotte August 17th; Kansas City August 18th and little ole Richmond on August 23rd. :lol:

The schedule is:  Daytona August 9th; Atlanta August 16th; Charlotte August 17th; Kansas City August 18th and little ole Richmond on August 23rd. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope Richmond has a spy or two at the inspections of the other cities! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

At first, I posted the entire article, then thought better of it because of copyright infringement, so deleted it.

But go to RTD's sports section today and read a story by Bob Lipper titled RICHMOND SHOULD LAP HALL FIELD. Don't try to figure out what that header means; it will be self-explanatory after the first few paragraphs :lol: !.

Daytona showed off yesterday. This was in today's RTD Sports page:

"The design could cost considerably less than proposals in four other cities - Atlanta, Kansas City, Kan., Richmond, Va., and Charlotte, N.C. - because the track already has many features such as race simulators and an IMAX theater.

A committee of NASCAR officials - about half of them from Daytona, where the sport's headquarters are located and where stock car racing was born - spent yesterday touring the speedway and investigating the city's proposal. It's the first of the five city tours scheduled for the next couple of weeks, though NASCAR officials have not said when they will make a final decision."

Richmond's turn to make its pitch come last of all the considered cities. :)

It will probably go to Daytona, especially if the people scouting for it are from there. Daytona has a long history for racing so I don't know. I hope you guys get it but politics may play a factor in it as usual

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daytona was the first city to be seen by the Nascar delegation. Atlanta was yesterday, then will be Charlotte tomorrow, followed by Kansas City and lastly Richmond. Should Richmond be selected, it would be a boon for the hospitality industry in Central Virginia as well as the mountains and the sea shore. It is expected to attract 700,000 visitors a year and those travelers will also want to visit Charlottesville, Williamsburg, Norfolk and Virginia Beach. :)

Archived