• Rhode Island
    • Pennsylvania
    • New Jersey
    • New York
    • Maryland
    • Delaware
    • District of Columbia
    • Other

Now since it seems we have some more New Englanders on the forum, It'd be nice to know where everybodys from. I think everybody knows where I'm from. New Hampshire Baby!!! Live Free or Die!!!

I edited this poll to add the rest of the Northeast (it was originally a New England poll), hence the lack of non-New England votes.

-Cotuit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the center of it all baby, Massachusetts!  But honestly, I love each and every New England state.  They are each so tiny compared to the rest of the country, but so unique in their own ways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's one thing I have been comparing with where I live right now. It's nothing for me to drive from Greensboro to Burlington here in NC. In comparrison, it would be like driving from Boston to Framingham. It's really not all that far, but it just seems a lot farther in New England. I'm used to awful sprawl. I'm sure it would take a heck of a lot longer to drive that distance in NE though.

I live in the center of it all baby, Massachusetts!  But honestly, I love each and every New England state.  They are each so tiny compared to the rest of the country, but so unique in their own ways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno - Maine's a pretty big state, almost larger than the others combined

Grew up in New York's Hudson Valley, college in New Haven CT, medical school in NYC, then 4 years in Rochester, Minnesota (1 and 1/2 hours SE of the Twin Cities), now in Providence, RI!!

- Garris

Providence, RI

• 2 weeks later...

Recchia, are you at SUNY Albany? Both of my parents went there, and yes, I agree, Albany is one of the less desirable cities I've ever visited. The last time I was there was in about 1996 when I was looking at Albany Med. I assume it hasn't changed much since...

- Garris

• 4 weeks later...

Recchia, are you at SUNY Albany?  Both of my parents went there, and yes, I agree, Albany is one of the less desirable cities I've ever visited.  The last time I was there was in about 1996 when I was looking at Albany Med.  I assume it hasn't changed much since...

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reading through this topic again, I just found this post that I never responded to (sorry Garris). Yep, you got it, SUNY Albany, the number one party school in the nation last year yet there still seems like theres nothin to do on a friday night....

Albany definitely is very undesirable...no real cultural niche and no major attractions at all. Some neat architecture in some of the neighborhoods (old Dutch style), but nothin really goin for it overall. I swear on the weekends the mall on the outskirts of the city is far busier than downtown ever is...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was born and raised in CT, then moved to NY, now I'm in Los Angeles. Gotta go where the work takes me. Go Yankees!

Now since it seems we have some more New Englanders on the forum, It'd be nice to know where everybodys from.  I think everybody knows where I'm from.  New Hampshire Baby!!!  Live Free or Die!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was born and grew up in Massachusetts, lived in Maine for a short time, then New York, and now I'm in Rhode Island.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grew up in New York's Hudson Valley, college in New Haven CT, medical school in NYC, then 4 years in Rochester, Minnesota (1 and 1/2 hours SE of the Twin Cities), now in Providence, RI!!

- Garris

Providence, RI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I grew up on the South Jersey Shore, moved to Massachusetts, Costa Rica, then finally the greatest place on Earth, Providence, RI!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

see--> finally got with the program guys!

Archived