• Maryland
    • Delaware
    • District of Columbia
    • Other

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

My parents are originally both from Boston but moved to Columbia, SC before I was born to get away from the pizza competition up there.....(we have a family pizzaria place)....so basically im from Columbia, SC although i always tell people im from Charlotte(which is only 45 min. to the north).....but i have alot of relatives in and around Boston & Connecticut as well....lot of Greeks in New England particularly Boston and Conn.

you know, there are pizza places all over up here and i have tried many places. i still have not found a decent pizza up here. i'm sure there's decent pizza in the north end, but any time i'm in little italy, i end up eating something other than pizza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a place on the corner of Arlington St. and Columbus that's awwwesome for pizza. I got two slices and they took up almost an entire pizza box for something like 1.50 a slice. Can't remember the damn name, it's really popular right down the street from the Park Plaza.

P.S. If you're ever in Providence, go to Caserta's on Federal Hill, amaaaazing sicilian pizza, the best I've ever had.

• 4 weeks later...

Born on Long Island, going to college in Hartford, CT. Quick question...why does the smallest state have the largest representation? Thoughts?

Probly cause its so small and dense and we're completely obsessed with hearing about anything to do with RI.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone I'm new to this board. I've only been reading posts for about 10 minutes, and I've loved every minute.

Welcome, it only takes about 10 minutes to read everything about Springfield, but the Hartford section is pretty lively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

born and raised in CT (lived just outside new haven for 24 years), went to uconn (go huskies), moved to providence 2 years ago (go friars except when they're playing uconn) and have no intentions of leaving (unless the girlfriend gets a job farther away when she moves back). no matter how many people think i'm nuts, i'll always be a yankees fan. :D

you know, there are pizza places all over up here and i have tried many places. i still have not found a decent pizza up here. i'm sure there's decent pizza in the north end, but any time i'm in little italy, i end up eating something other than pizza.

i have never had good pizza in or around boston. i have family in hopkinton who have lived there for over 20 years and they have just accepted the fact that the boston area lacks good pizza (of course they grew up in new haven).

come to providence, there's some excellent pizza here (caserta's was mentioned, rocco's is good, tommy's is good, and there's some good greek places, such as minerva's). :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

i have never had good pizza in or around boston. i have family in hopkinton who have lived there for over 20 years and they have just accepted the fact that the boston area lacks good pizza (of course they grew up in new haven).

come to providence, there's some excellent pizza here (caserta's was mentioned, rocco's is good, tommy's is good, and there's some good greek places, such as minerva's). :thumbsup:

come now, what about regina's in the north end? or ernesto's - also in the north end? granted, i haven't had the pleasure of the providence comparison... but i'm a fan nonetheless :)

come now, what about regina's in the north end? or ernesto's - also in the north end? granted, i haven't had the pleasure of the providence comparison... but i'm a fan nonetheless :)

i grew up near new haven. need i say more? providence's pizza doesn't hold a candle to new haven pizza, nor does new york pizza for that matter.

regina's is alright, but it's not like a local establishment (they've become a chain and i haev issues with chain pizza).

Archived