Area is State

asonj23

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Boca Raton, and I've never really considered Palm Beach County as a part of Miami's metro. On a broad scale, we are all one big continuous development. But most out-of-county commuters are from Broward, not all the way down in Miami. I've lived here for 5 years and I can count all my trips to Miami on two hands, lol.

^ I don't have the stats right in front of me, but I think that your analysis is accurate as far as Palm Beach being in the Miami Metro. Palm Beach county has enough commuter traffic into Broward County and vice versa to justify being in that metro. And Broward County interacts with Dade county enough to justify being in that metro. It's really more of a daisy-chained MSA than one with one specific center-point. But it is a blessing to the area to be recognized as one mini-megalopolis.

As far as splitting up S. Florida into the 3 counties in this study, its just probably that they used old census data for compiling the metros (just like sooo many of these studies do). S. Florida people really just have to take most of the studies with a grain of salt, or extrapolate the "real" data themselves...

Archived