Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

A few Downtown Orlando pics

16 posts in this topic

I decided to stop and take a couple of pics in downtown on my way back up to Jax, last Sunday. Enjoy.

premiereplaza0ye.jpg

thortonpark5ay.jpg

newtower3ls.jpg

orangeavenue3cm.jpg

hospital7xs.jpg

tijuanaflats7kg.jpg

cnl28km.jpg

Great pics lakelander, I was at downtown that time too, me and my partner are celebrating my n-year of birthday at the Tiki bar.

Winnie Palmer Hospital looks awesome. The whole ORMC area seems to be transforming.

Winnie Palmer Hospital looks awesome.  The whole ORMC area seems to be transforming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree about the Winnie. I love the look of it. Very distinctive

nice pics lakelander

progress on the plaza is looking good. It's also interesting to see the large advertisements plastered around downtown. It's starting to come together quite well. Can't wait to see the area 3 years from now! (unfortunately, it'll be about that long before i can visit again :( )

Thanks for the comments.  Btw, what was the big event, Sunday night on Church Street?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't that the Peter Frampton concert?

It's amazing that they are still having concerts and stuff down there with most everything closed. I can't wait till they build it back up again.

Winnie Palmer Fab??? Ewwww - Looks way too dated to me, like 70's architecutre - Like a cheap version of the Westin Bonaventure in Downtown LA - built in 1976, or Renaissance Center in Detriot, circa 1977.

I took some picture from my condo this weekend using my crappy camera. Hope you like it.

IDriveskyline.jpg

I-Drive skyline in far far distance

suntrustarea.jpg

Suntrust cluster from the 20th floor

suntrustnight2.jpg

Suntrust cluster at night

suntrustareanight.jpg

vuesite.jpg

VUE site

lakeeola.jpg

lake eola from Day Building 7th floor

sanctuary.jpg

santuary and 530 West condos

postparkside.jpg

Post parkside

park.jpg

park

lakeeolaarea.jpg

sitting area at lake eola

These are some great views you have! The Waverly is a great building, I'm jealous!!

You should think of posting these over at SSP in a photo thread that went up a few days ago, people are saying bad things about us!!! Go here: Orlando Thread

haha, they are brutal in that thread.

I think what that thread needs is some pics showing off some pedestrian activity to shut them up.

^why bother, they'll just find something else to make a big fuss about, like the lack of grit or 200 year old run down buildings, which equals character.

I stopped posting Florida photo threads there months ago, because most of the forumers seem to have this built up anger towards the state, and the south in general....probably because many of their neighbors are packing their bags and heading down south.

^true, and ironically the rest of the South likes to omit Florida any chance they get...we just can't win.

The south along with the rest of the United States...I would invite them to stop moving down here and slowing up I-4 then if they hate it so much!

Great Pics!!! That SunTrust cluster picture is awesome and you can imagine the density when the Plaza/Solaire, Tradition Towers, CNL2, and 55 West are completed. Now the Solaire is supposed to be 335 feet and you look at the two existing buildings to the left the Regions bank/Signature Plaza at 207 feet and the Citrus Tower (280 feet). So i know this was asked before but are they going to go higher with the crane or what?