Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cdc

APPROVED: Anderson Opera Center

Hey all,

I'm writing an article on the Anderson Opera Center and am looking for any suggestions on where I can get some background. I'm looking for the inside scoop on the introduction/evolution of the proposal during the discussions/debates between the community, city, owner, architect, etc. Any ideas? I'm in Raleigh and not too familiar with the Miami scene. Thanks

Hmm... You have yourself quite a challenge... This is a project I've been trying to follow as well, but the information on the net is curiously limited. It's still listed as "Preliminary" in the approval process. Here are some places where you may be able to find a contact(s). It's not much, but this should help point you in the right direction:

operacenter12bs.jpg

It's going to be on the southwest corner of a lot across the street from the Performing Arts Center, in the Omni area. In the rendering above, the PAC is to the right (south). Presently the parcel is a parking lot.

Here is what i found when i googled t...its a few months old but the opening date was interesting:

10/18/2004

Working over the course of the summer quarter, 18 senior Interior Design students in Miami International University of Art & Design

I thought the PAC had an opera house already in it why do they ned another one

?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I was wondering too. IMO, this building looks kinda weird, but it's better than nothing!