Fourth Ward Square Condominiums

tthornburg

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the looks of things, this would take up only the southeast corner of the block......the two towers are supposed to be at the southwest and northwest corners according to the rezoning site plan.

This has a very Washington, DC feel to it....it looks like a lot of the new condo construction inside the district. I like it.

the yellowish treatment on the corner and upper level reminds me of another building in charlotte but i can't place it right now.

It is so much better than the original design, even if it does still have stucco. i also like that even though it is stucco, they use a darker color. that pale pink or peach stucco is getting is borderline tacky.

According to the sales agent, the bottom floors are colored split block, the next five floors are two different shades of brick and the top two floors are EFIS. She said the towers (more than likely) will be built in phase II and phase III will add a sister building to the opposite corner on the Graham St side. There's also a four-story brownstone building at the rear of the site between the two towers. Perkins Eastman designed the project.

the yellowish treatment on the corner and upper level reminds me of another building in charlotte but i can't place it right now.

i think the building that section of the building reminds me of is the base section of the westin, which is the same color, and has a similar look of being composed of large blocks, and so on.

http://www.citadinliving.com is their web site (I don't know if that had been posted yet) and it has some of the floor plans. A few of them look pretty good, Graham St is certainly going to have a great deal of residential on it in the near future, some 1000 units will probably lines its streets. (Vue, this, Garrison, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just called The Citidan and got the scoop on the TOTAL project.

Lucky for me I got to speak directly to the daughter of the developer.

Here is your timeline for those of us who just can't wait.

First 10 story mid-rise to start Construction in Jan 06' (this will of course be the demolition of the Existing structure)

The towers are definately a go.

The finish date on both the two 10 story towers and the two 25 story towers will be 30-36 months from Jan 06. She was adoment that it would be be totally complete in less than 36 months). So call it mid 08'. (cosequently, that is the same time frame that the Vue should be finished.)

A2

Will the model include the high rise towers? Nice work

That was not mentioned. Just that they wanted to provide the prospects the opportunity to see the "lay out" of the final project. (much like the VUE and The Avenue have done). I would say it is quite possible that they will have a model though. They have a great site, so the guys that want to move forward on the project obviously have a bit of a better handle on how to approach the market, unlike Verna and the Park.

A2

as far as where, it is between Smith/8th/9th/Graham.

(#18 on the uptown rundown map http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...pic=14944&st=0#

)

i am actually pretty bullish on this project. Not only is the 4th ward location prime... but they have already done a great job on their website, and putting the sales center next to the CVS is a good idea (no dunkin donuts i guess). I hope she is right that they can sell both 25 story buildings and build to completion around late 2008.

Archived