Florida has nation's fastest growing county

Viper

The U.S. Census Bureau announced this morning what the Sunshine State has been saying all along: Florida is the place to be. And Flagler County, by percentage growth from 2003 to 2004, was the nation's fastest-growing county with St. Johns not far behind at No. 9.

Florida and Georgia rank 1 and 2 for having the most counties on the Census Bureau's list of the 100 fastest-growing. Florida has 14, including Union at 32nd and Clay at 49th. Georgia is tied with Texas with a dozen counties led by Newton in the No. 12 spot.

ken.lewisjacksonville.com, (904) 819-3546

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...et_census.shtml

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it helped. Flagler Beach used to be a really charming little beach town. And I used to be able to go to The Rocks, in Marineland, and there be only like two other people there. I loved it. Last time I went there were dozens, it was as bad as Daytona. Well, okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but The Rocks used to be about as close to a private beach as you could go to in Florida, and that's gone forever.

Ah, change. Why is that the only time we think change is for the better is when it involves a raise?

Archived