The Tri-Cities Area

wrldcoupe4

On 3/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, Icetera said:

It is for their new Multi-Modal Transit Center, combining local busses, GRTC Express, and Greyhound.  I guess they are hoping that in the future there will be a lot of park and rides.

Yes,  the ideal is that people from Emporia and other areas of south side will drive to Petersburg and take the bus to work in Richmond. 

Edited by Marcus Squires
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

Interest in a hotel downtown is a great sign. 

I’m cautiously optimistic that Petersburg will finally take off soon.  Such great potential (and good beer!) there.  

A lot will have to change, but, given its history and proximity to the Appomattox River, Petersburg could be charming destination akin to  downtown Fredericksburg.  Rapid transit to downtown Richmond would certainly help, not to mention solidify the region.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The 110 South Perry Street groundbreaking event was a success. From what was said at the event the project is set to be a game-changer for our city bringing affordable housing as well as artists and reinvestment into the neighborhood.https://richmondbizsense.com/2019/07/17/58m-artist-focused-apartment-project-breaks-ground-petersburg/

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Petersburg's "Gateway" building may be coming down soon.  The developer has done nothing with it and has over 140 safety violations!  The owner and developer - what a complete joke and clown show!  Hate to see this building get demolished (because I had hoped it would get redeveloped into a beautiful new-looking building), but demolishing it would be the next best thing.  It is a complete eyesore.  It's the first impression of the Richmond Metro area when traveling up I-95 and it's not a good one.  Something has to be done.  Your thoughts?

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/ramada-inn-update

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, I miss RVA said:

Yeah, this is great news for Petersburg, which really needs good news these days.  Interestingly, this is the second announcement in as many days, of new jobs being added to the Metro area.  I was hoping to go 3 for 3 today (I guess there's still time)!  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Yeah, this is great news for Petersburg, which really needs good news these days.  Interestingly, this is the second announcement in as many days, of new jobs being added to the Metro area.  I was hoping to go 3 for 3 today (I guess there's still time)!  

Fully agreed. Petersburg - and the whole Tri-Cities area really needs good news. With all of the big doings across the RVA metro, it's painful to see the Tri Cities left out. They're the southern tip of metro RVA - it would be awesome to see those localties benefit from all the growth of the region.

• Like 2

These are fantastic photos! Petersburg really does have a treasure trove of beautiful buildings. It's good to see so much work is going into renovations. Here's hoping that the economic boom that the overall RVA metro area is enjoying will bring more investment to Petersburg and keeps good momentum there going.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

These are fantastic photos! Petersburg really does have a treasure trove of beautiful buildings. It's good to see so much work is going into renovations. Here's hoping that the economic boom that the overall RVA metro area is enjoying will bring more investment to Petersburg and keeps good momentum there going.

These are very encouraging photos of Petersburg!  It behooves all of us to pull for Petersburg's revival because it is very much so in the Richmond Metro area and is actually the gateway to Richmond coming from the south up I-95.  Would LOVE to see Petersburg take off.  Right now it looks so run down and drab...not a good "welcome" for visitors or passers-by driving through the Metro area.

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Good to see some fresh blood in Petersburg leadership.  Perhaps this could be the beginning of a turn-around for the historic city?  Check out the video here:

https://www.wtvr.com/waynes-world/new-petersburg-city-manager-stuart-turille-jr?fbclid=IwAR2EJxOOloJ3JCDgevMWvQBNxgKI7Klnl1AdNdQqcRBeD3aIJFqbkJJ2NXk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Downtown Petersburg has so much potential for higher density and at the same time maintain its architectural charm.  Sixteen years ago I gave a tour to some investors throughout Downtown however no one had interest.

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/11/15/hotel-petersburgs-restoration-project-boosted-by-600k-state-grant/

I know this project has been mentioned before but I’m really looking forward to this project in the tri cities. It’s an update from bizsense a day or two ago. If it turns out like the renderings show it will be a very nice place to stay. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Downtowner said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/11/15/hotel-petersburgs-restoration-project-boosted-by-600k-state-grant/

I know this project has been mentioned before but I’m really looking forward to this project in the tri cities. It’s an update from bizsense a day or two ago. If it turns out like the renderings show it will be a very nice place to stay. 

Hopefully this will really kick off some good revitalization in the immediate area. Glad to see this project getting a funding boost.