The Tri-Cities Area

wrldcoupe4

I cant remember if any large scale housing projects have been proposed for thise area yet... anyone know of such?

It's funny, I haven't heard anything yet about a large scale housing project yet, but it would make a lot of sense. I can tell you that if I owned land in that area, I'd be subdividing right now! ***Hey! That's post 1000 for me!!!*** :P

It's funny, I haven't heard anything yet about a large scale housing project yet, but it would make a lot of sense. I can tell you that if I owned land in that area, I'd be subdividing right now! ***Hey! That's post 1000 for me!!!*** :P

Hey Eric, move your butt over to the airport thread. There's some good news for you! :lol:

Then go to Suburban thread and read the story titled Chesterfierld Considers Home Development posted 7/17 on page 34 by Ric75. 4998 homes are planned for Bermuda Hundred in a development to be called Banner Station.

And congratulations on posting # 1000!!!

Edited by burt

• 1 month later...

Here's another upbeat story from today's inRich about Fort Lee. "This is the biggest economic opportunity our region has seen in decades", says Rsoalyn Key-Tiller, Executive Director of the Capital Area Workforce board:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/busines...09-16-0132.html

I am trying to get my company to pay for me to get down to this and hear what is being said in the business community and how they intend to address the obvious growth potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone shed some light about the decayed trolley on a flatbed under the MLK Bridge in Petersburg?

Where'd it come from and what's it for? It's at the base of the old Richmond-Petersburg Interurban Terminal Building in Old Town.

Here's a picture of it...

2131947053_420343766a_m.jpg

Edited by lch4

• 1 month later...

Can anyone shed some light about the decayed trolley on a flatbed under the MLK Bridge in Petersburg?

Where'd it come from and what's it for? It's at the base of the old Richmond-Petersburg Interurban Terminal Building in Old Town.

Here's a picture of it...

2131947053_420343766a_m.jpg

Ich4, I don't know how we let this pass without comment. I don't have much to add except to say that the building at the south end of the Appomattox River Bridge (US1) was the Petersburg terminus of the old Richmond/P'burg Inter-urban line. I think the street cars traversed the bridge and the terminal building had an elevator to what we now call Old Town and connection to the Norfolk and Western (now Norfolk/Southern) rail station under the bridge.

I love the photo!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a MUST read for nature enthusiasts and friends of Tri Cities history.

Richmond has its James River Park.

Petersburg/Hopewell/Colonial Heights have The Appomattox, and what a great job Friends of The Appommatox are doing in developing trails along the waterway.

There's a video and some wonderful slide shows all compiled and edited by the remarkable Phil Riggan of inRich:

Enjoy and Learn:

http://www.discoverrichmond.com/dis/lifest...cle/folar/1717/

Petersburg City Council approves $5 million toward a new public library. Total cost is anticipated to be $16 million in today's dollars, but one spokesperson suggests it will take 4 years to raise all the necessary funds and 18 months of construction before the new building rises at 22-24 Market Street close to Old Town.

From yesterday's inRich:

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-co...09-03-0226.html

Edited by burt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just discovered that Bojangles is building or has built a restaurant in Hopewell. They left the Richmond market some years back because of poor performance, I wonder what's changed and whether we'll be seeing any other locations open around town. They have the best chicken of any fast food and their fries are amazing.

Edited by lch4

I just discovered that Bojangles is building or has built a restaurant in Hopewell. They left the Richmond market some years back because of poor performance, I wonder what's changed and whether we'll be seeing any other locations open around town. They have the best chicken of any fast food and their fries are amazing.

Have you tried PopEye's spicy fried chicken? Mmmmmmm! :thumbsup: