Charleston Off-Topic

Spartan

The Colliers Keenan 2006 Mid-Year Office Market report states in its Forecast section that the overall fundamentals are sound for the Greater Charleston Office Market. Responsible growth will continue, and the area will become more attractive to important users and developers monitoring the Southeast and national economies.

I think we're seeing more and more of this. Keep it up, Charleston! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WTH? :huh: The Charleston Sandsharks are now the Carolina Sandsharks?!?! I never heard about that until now, but after looking at the new AIFA league they're in, they need to change the name back to Charleston. They have two Carolina teams! Once again, somebody in the minor league offices needs to get a fricking clue.

I do like how they expanded the information, though. The additions of the Tanger Outlets as well as the neighborhoods and marinas are good.

Well, IMAX closing is not a definite yet, but we now know that the company is considering several options. According to the article below, one of their options is to close the theater, but the firm that owns it is investigating other numbers such as trends in declining attendance at other attractions. Several workers at businesses around the Fountain Walk, including officials at the SC Aquarium, said this week that they had been told that the theater would close for good at the end of the month. The IMAX and the aquarium sell "combination" tickets that are good for admission at both attractions.

It seems like a definite answer is not getting communicated. The firm is not definite on the closing in public, but they told businesses around the theater that they would close. One important thing to take note of in the article: IMAX in general is not doing very well financially. They released films that were not big box office draws on their screens such as "The Ant Bully," "Poseidon" and "V for Vendetta." As for the latter movie, what crack were they smoking?!

Curtain may fall on IMAX theater

I've heard that V for Vendetta was a fantastic movie, but I dont think it did that well in the theaters. I think the problem is that people don't consider it as a place to go watch movies because of their random selection and that they play so many other random things there too.

The operator of the region's only IMAX has decided not to shutter the waterfront theater after all.

Rivers Enterprises Inc. said Friday that, based on new information, it plans to operate on a limited schedule while it renovates the complex in January. It also committed to screenings for all of 2007.

That's a quote from the P&C.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...