Columbia Off-Topic

Spartan

Columbia's Opportunity Resource's next discussion will be held today at 6pm and it's entitled, "Thoughtful Development: The Changing River Corridor and Connecting Columbia's Development Dots."

Sounds like good stuff! Seeing as CanalSide's project manager will be a featured speaker, how about somebody bring up that parking lot fronting Hampton Street in the site rendering. :)

Edited by krazeeboi

According to a ranking in Men's Health magazine, Columbia is the nation's 40th angriest city.

Nonsense.

Strenght : City with the most Iron Men San Jose, CA :yahoo: Least muscular : Charleston, WV. :cry:

What a scream ! Thank you Krazee. :thumbsup:

Men's Health; isn't that the magazine that always has all the hot guys on the cover working out? Of course I buy it for the articles. :blush:

Is Columbia counch-bound ? Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir ?:whistling:

Men's Health has been including Columbia in it's polls for about the past year. The Capital City was ranked I think 46th Healthiest out of the 100, which doesn't seem that impressive. However, I think that ended up being the 4th or 5th healthiest in the SE. It also got ranked high for generousity and decently high for air quality (which is debatable).

I used to have a prescription to Men's Health and they always left out Columbia in it's rankings, but had cities like Montgomery and Macon. Glad to see them recognizing us, even if it is bad publicity <_< .

I think you mean "subscription." :lol:

And I don't know what y'all so mad about down there. :D

Columbia's Opportunity Resource's next discussion will be held today at 6pm and it's entitled, "Thoughtful Development: The Changing River Corridor and Connecting Columbia's Development Dots."

Sounds like good stuff! Seeing as CanalSide's project manager will be a featured speaker, how about somebody bring up that parking lot fronting Hampton Street in the site rendering. :)

The discussion was exciting, informative, and effective... thank you for the notice.

I attended the summit club speaking engagement.. which was followed by a networking reception.. :yahoo:

Thanks again.

WIS-TV has just won the award of South Carolina Television Station of the Year for the fourth year in a row. It is the first time in 20 years that a station has won it four years in a row. WIS has won the award more than any other station in South Carolina. This info is on their website.

Also, Richland County was just named the #1 county in the nation for digital excellence among communities with populations between 250,000 and 500,000 by the National Association of Counties and The Center for Digital Government. We beat out Loudoun County, VA, the home of America Online. I saw this on WIS last night and it's in Free Times today. Factors considered were the use of technology, websites, interactive programs and service delivery, as well as the county's GIS system and website designs.

I saw this in the paper today and thought it was pretty cool. It seems USC is initiating a health conscience attitude! I think it's great and plays right along into the progressive community that Columbia and USC is striving for! I just hope the city seriously considers the smoking ban as well. USC health conscience environment

I saw this in the paper today and thought it was pretty cool. It seems USC is initiating a health conscience attitude! I think it's great and plays right along into the progressive community that Columbia and USC is striving for! I just hope the city seriously considers the smoking ban as well. USC health conscience environment

I think the city smoking ban is a shoe-in. I need to write council lto let them know I'm in favor of it.

Now back off-topic. The upcoming fall tv season is about to start and there will be at least 4 people on 3 different shows representing Columbia.

The Amazing Race: Season 10

KELLIE PATTERSON

Student: Broadcast Journalism

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

JAMIE HILL

Recent College Graduate

Relationship: Best Friends and former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad

Kellie and Jamie

Premiers Sept. 17 at 8:30 p.m. on CBS

Survivor: Cook Island

STEPHANNIE FAVOR, 35, a mother of two and a nursing student from Columbia, will be a member of the African-American tribe.

Stephannie

Premiers Sept. 14 at 8 p.m. on CBS

America's Next Top Model 6

CHRISTIAN EVANS, a 19-year-old Columbia bank teller and Irmo High School graduate

Christian

Premiers Sept. 20 at 8 p.m. on WZRB-47, cable channel 13.

GOOD LUCK GIRLS :yahoo:

I think the city smoking ban is a shoe-in. I need to write council lto let them know I'm in favor of it.

Please do. I already did. Ann Sinclair is the only one who responded. She's in favor of the ban. Incidently, today Bob Coble and Blue Marlin's owner are having a news conference announcing that Blue Marlin is going completely smoke-free starting today, even at the bar.

Now back off-topic. The upcoming fall tv season is about to start and there will be at least 4 people on 3 different shows representing Columbia.

KELLIE PATTERSON

JAMIE HILL

Recent College Graduate

Relationship: Best Friends and former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad

Kellie and Jamie

STEPHANNIE FAVOR, 35, a mother of two and a nursing student from Columbia, will be a member of the African-American tribe.

Stephannie

CHRISTIAN EVANS, a 19-year-old Columbia bank teller and Irmo High School graduate

Christian

I went back a few pages and didn't see this: Dana one of the (already kicked off) singers on Rockstar Supernova is from Augusta and plays with a band in/from Columbia. rockstar.msn.com for more info

KELLIE PATTERSON

JAMIE HILL

Recent College Graduate

Kellie and Jamie

Stephannie

Christian

Wow, that's great news to have so many homegrown talent taking a shot at the big screen. :thumbsup: Wish them luck!!!!!

I just googled "columbia sc skyline" without the quotation marks and got superb new pics from that Ron or Rod guy, the really good digital photographer. Columbia is a beautiful city in a beautiful setting.

Check this out: http://pod01.prospero.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx...g=kr-thestatetm Interesting quote from it: What do you mean we have no business in Columbia? We have some of the nations best crack dealers, hookers, and panhandlers. Other cities can't touch our acheivments in these areas. And having a first rate college like Benedict ensures that we will continue to produce new generations of dealers, hookers, and panhandlers. :alc::rofl:

Edited by carolinadude9409