Columbia Off-Topic

Spartan

I thought they had started constuction on the new Greek Temple, :unsure: but while downtown a few days ago, I saw no activity nor could I find a bare location where it would be built. does anyone have any up dates on this project? :dontknow:

It is right next to their current location on Richland between Sumter and Main. There is work being done on the site.

Question: Have the BellSouth buildings had their signs switched to AT&T yet? They've already done so in Charlotte, and it took me by surprise for a moment until I realized why that was the case.

They've been switched in Greenville as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same has happened in Columbia.

This is so far off topic it might get booted off this forum, but Columbia is trying to be a greener city, so everyone go to msn.com and download Madonna's new single "Hey You." It's for a green cause.

I listened to that. Go Madonna, she's my 2nd favorite (after Tracy Chapman).

I'm sure you guys heard about that accident where the car plunged off the elevated parking deck at the post office on Assembly. It was a very tragic incident, and my heart goes out to her loved ones.

That post office is just weird and looks out of place to me. I understand why its built as it is, due to the hilly nature of DT Columbia, but it just doesn't look right and it just always looked like a potential hazard to me. I say tear it down, build anew in another part of DT, and use that land to extend Finlay Park.