GSA Off-Topic

Spartan

This is a thread where we can discuss anything concerning the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson area that would not warrant a thread of its own, or something that would not otherwise be posted on this site. Please feel free to contribute as much as you like. My only request is that you don't post entire articles in this thread. A link would be much better.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's help Greenville grow .Everyone on this site seems to be well educated, there shouldn't be any reason why we can't help our comunity grow. But how you ask , I'm not entirly sure. Thats the reason I propose this topic to all the willing. I personally think backing the new annexation bill talked about in other threads might be the solution.Does anyone know more about the bill. If so can you post a sumary.This is a great site I think we can do something to grow the area.Maybe its just wishful thinking, but this site has people from every aspect of life and every line of buisness. Besides two heads are better than one .

Good idea, jfl25. :thumbsup: Helping Greenville grow is something every resident should be doing daily. I believe the #1 way we can impact this "statistic" is by getting out into the community, onto the streets, and into the shops, restaurants, galleries, theatres, and ballparks where visitors are most commonly located. Not only will this help strengthen the local economy, but also be an encouragement to people just passing through, to take a closer look. Along with being out in the community, we should also show that "southern charm" Greenville is highly noted for. This will do more than any of us will ever know. :rolleyes:

Good idea, jfl25. :thumbsup:  Helping Greenville grow is something every resident should be doing daily.  I believe the #1 way we can impact this "statistic" is by getting out into the community, onto the streets, and into the shops, restaurants, galleries, theatres, and ballparks where visitors are most commonly located.  Not only will this help strengthen the local economy, but also be an encouragement to people just passing through, to take a closer look.  Along with being out in the community, we should also show that "southern charm" Greenville is highly noted for.  This will do more than any of us will ever know. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone seen the commercials for the new Greenville H.H. Gregg store on TV? Talk about getting personal...they actually show the two guys (can't remember their names) pushing a hand truck across the Liberty Bridge and through the Greenville Zoo (and Joy, the elephant, is just roaring in the background while they're talking about H.H. Gregg). They couldn't have picked better days to film those, it seems :lol:

They highlight the Landmark building as well. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the Peace Center and Mice on Main...

I like George and Joey already ;)

H.H. Gregg appears to be open already - ahead of the scheduled grand opening...couldn't convince the wife to stop in and check them out today though :blink:

I just found this out today and it makes me mad that I missed it... but I found out that the people who did the fireworks for the Red, White, and Blue Festival in downtown were the same people who did the fireworks at the Super Bowl this year. I was impressed and upset that I missed, from what I have heard numerous times to be, a truly spectacular sight and wonderful event! I just thought it was interesting.

Red White and Blue was pretty good. Nothing beats a good explosion :D

Some other trivia is that the Red, White and Boom! show in Spartanburg is done by the people who did the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems like the upstate had some awesome shows! :thumbsup:

Has anyone been down to Falls Park on the weekend and seen that stand with information? (or whatever it is)? Well, What is it? Is it touristy stuff? I passed by in the car one afternoon and I thought it looked pretty neat! but I havent been by. It seems to be good for Greenville. Everytime I go to the park I get this "Big City" feel of Greenville. Both walking in and out of it via the Main St entrance. I can't wait for the walkway to be complete by the Riverplace development (coming up to Main St next to the bridge).

Ahhh, I LOVE THIS PLACE! :w00t:

Has anyone been down to Falls Park on the weekend and seen that stand with information? (or whatever it is)? Well, What is it? Is it touristy stuff? I passed by in the car one afternoon and I thought it looked pretty neat! but I havent been by. It seems to be good for Greenville. Everytime I go to the park I get this "Big City" feel of Greenville. Both walking in and out of it via the Main St entrance. I can't wait for the walkway to be complete by the Riverplace development (coming up to Main St next to the bridge).

Ahhh, I LOVE THIS PLACE!  :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's an extension of the Visitor's Center in City Hall (only with apparently shorter, more limited hours). You can pick up the Visitor's guide, downtown map, and other information about Greenville there.

By the way, has anyone seen the newer, smaller, more compact (yet still very cool) Visitor's Guide? I picked up a copy out of the briefcase in front of City Hall the other day (I collect them). It's somewhat updated and is very handy size now! :thumbsup:

It's an extension of the Visitor's Center in City Hall (only with apparently shorter, more limited hours).  You can pick up the Visitor's guide, downtown map, and other information about Greenville there.

By the way, has anyone seen the newer, smaller, more compact (yet still very cool) Visitor's Guide?  I picked up a copy out of the briefcase in front of City Hall the other day (I collect them).  It's somewhat updated and is very handy size now!  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed they were different.

They should keep them better stocked. I passed some visitors when I was passing by city hall (walking of course) and they were so intrigued by the suitcase and its detail. They were nonetheless totally impressed! But it was empty. So, they didn't get to see its real use. Bummer!

I noticed they were different.

They should keep them better stocked. I passed some visitors when I was passing by city hall (walking of course) and they were so intrigued by the suitcase and its detail. They were nonetheless totally impressed! But it was empty. So, they didn't get to see its real use. Bummer!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I've often thought the same thing...what's really sad is when it's empty while the Visitor's Center is still open (or has just recently closed - such as at 4:00pm on a Saturday).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived