Richland County Neighborhood Planning Conference

emerging.me

It's tomorrow (Saturday, April 16). I just registered to attend. I'm interested in seeing what the turnout is for this kinda thing and who the attendees are. Also hoping to make some contacts for a grassroots group I'm thinking of starting. Should be interesting to hear some of the topics discussed.

Here's the scoop.

How to resolve neighborhood legal issues, build grassroots advocacy, and design healthy and attractive neighborhoods, are just of few of the issues that will be covered during the 1st Annual Richland County Neighborhood Planning Conference.

The Conference will take place on Saturday, April 16th from 7:30am until 2:00pm at the Capital Senior Center, 1600 Park Circle Drive.

*The keynote speaker is Dr. Chuck Bohl, an internationally recognized expert on the planning, design, and the development of livable communities. He is the Director of the Knight Foundation of the University of Miami.

The conference is free and open to the public, however advanced registration is required.

For more information contact the Richland County Office of Public Information at 576-2065.

*Lunch will be provided

Agenda

Breakfast/Registration

7:00am-8:00am

Welcome, Council Chairman

8:00am-8:10am

Welcome, Planning Commission Chair

8:10am-8:15am

Summary, Moderator Tripp Muldrow

8:15am-8:25am

Session I

Neighborhood Legal Issues