Federal Hill Restaurant/Retail

Cotuit

Judith's lot is now used as the Constantino's valet lot (is the state senator/rep the owner of the restaurant? his campaign sign is displayed prominently in the lot as well).

they put up little chains around the lot on bond st. looks like that may end up becoming a parking lot as well (there's a nice big gap in the back where you can drive in, though it's chained up right now).

the federal hill florist location has been completely gutted and new cement was being laid down behind it when i left this morning. the former east coast tatoo location is boarded up. i'm wondering if that building is scheduled to be demolished as well (though there's that tarot card place in the same building).

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
this space is now becoming some sort of glass shop. i walked buy it this afternoon and there was a bunch of handblown glass flowers and pumpkins and other glass stuff in the shop. it looked like they were just setting it up. the stuff was really nice looking, though.

• 3 months later...
Last week my truck was in the shop and had to walk home from the train station. As I was passing by the Bank of America on Atwells I saw two "ladies" dumping all kinds of trash out of their car right on to the street. There was a trash can about 10 ft away. I thought I was going to loose my mind.

When I confronted them they just stared at me with this "who me?" look. I like to think that if Raymond Sr. was sitting across the street he would have had them both "whacked" and disposed of at the Johnston landfill.

• 1 month later...

I heard a rumor yesterday that Hooters is looking at the empty space next to Atwells Mini Mart. I don't have anything against Hooters (tacky certainly has its place in the world) but would rather not see chains invade FH. Next thing you know there will be a GAP and TGIF on Atwells between rt 95 and rt 10.

I know there is not a lot of love for FH, spurning historic district status and all, but I think most would agree with me on this point.

I heard a rumor yesterday that Hooters is looking at the empty space next to Atwells Mini Mart. I don't have anything against Hooters (tacky certainly has its place in the world) but would rather not see chains invade FH. Next thing you know there will be a GAP and TGIF on Atwells between rt 95 and rt 10.

I know there is not a lot of love for FH, spurning historic district status and all, but I think most would agree with me on this point.

Would love a Hooters in Providence, dont have to drive out to the Airport. Still, dont believe Atwells ave is the right spot for it. Next to the Dunk would be perfect. Maybe make Trinity step up its game, or at least clean the place.

Archived