Federal Hill Restaurant/Retail

Cotuit

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That space could either be the best and most visible in town (depending upon what they do with it) or could be the worst in town (no nearby parking, in the middle of a mess of an intersection).

Given the huge visibility of that space (easy to give people directions to), I hope they do a nice job there.

Someone's also put newspapers over the windows of the spot that used to be Al & Betty's at the corner of Atwells and Dean. I spoke to one of the former employees of Al & Betty's a few months ago and she said she wanted to open a cafe in that spot, but I don't know if she is actually going through with that or if something else is happening there (or maybe someone just likes newspaper covered windows).

Noticed a banner over this space this morning that read "New Retail Fish Market Coming Soon". If it is a good one, definitely a great addition to the neighborhood. A good fish market is hard to come by these days.

Produce is indeed hard to come by. Does anyone have any reccomondations for produce in the West end? I started splitting up my marketing between Shaws and Price Rite this week and saved a crapload of money. I still need to find a better source for produce though. Shaws is expensive and crappy and price rite is cheap and scary. I need cheap and good.

Liam

Produce is indeed hard to come by. Does anyone have any reccomondations for produce in the West end? I started splitting up my marketing between Shaws and Price Rite this week and saved a crapload of money. I still need to find a better source for produce though. Shaws is expensive and crappy and price rite is cheap and scary. I need cheap and good.

Liam

I find the exact opposite to be true. In fact my wife and I joke about "Stop and Rot" all the time, becuase their produce looks rotted all the time. Mealy apples, dry oranges, brown green beans, etc.

I do agree that some Shaws such as Eagle Sq can be dicey in the produce dept. I go to the Chapel View one on rte 2. One of the best Shaws I have been to. I also buy produce at WF sometimes. Always looks good, and sometimes their prices are better on select items.

You guys who love produce should never, ever, leave New England because you will not want to come back. I swear even the shadiest groceries outside of philly had better looking produce than what we get. It was one thing that shocked me when I moved back.

i got wildly ill saturday night after eating at a federal hill/west side restaurant which shall go unnamed (unless you pm me) but suffice it to say that i was shocked that the food was as awful as it was based on the many encouraging reviews.

hint: it wasn't Nick's or Gabriels or Julians. or any place on atwells avenue.

Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong person but there was an older man with gray hair...tall and mean that always had a cigar in his mouth that sold produce forever on Atwells in front of the fire station. He had almost dreadlock-y hair and an old truck. He's dead. A little off-topic....I absolutely love the Rocky Point photos in your profile. How did you get in there? I want to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Ronzio is moving to the location where the tux shop was on the corner of Vinton and Atwells.

A bakery called Nancies Fancies is coming to the location where Ocean State Chocolates was.

Renaissance restaurant closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived