Buying Condos

OrlandoJoe

I do not understand the downtown condo buying process. It seems like you need to know someone or be one of the very first people on the waiting lists.

Why do they not do lotteries?

Why do they give the cheapest prices to friends of the developer?

Isn't the City of Orlando giving tax incentives for these projects? It seems like they are giving incentives to build these projects for only a select few.

I am getting frustrated over this process. As much as I enjoy the Downtown Orlando area...it just doesn't seem to be very fair.

On the flip side I am glad the downtown area is so popular. Makes it more exciting to get downtown.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not understand the downtown condo buying process.  It seems like you need to know someone or be one of the very first people on the waiting lists.

Why do they not do lotteries?

Why do they give the cheapest prices to friends of the developer?

Isn't the City of Orlando giving tax incentives for these projects?  It seems like they are giving incentives to build these projects for only a select few. 

I am getting frustrated over this process.  As much as I enjoy the Downtown Orlando area...it just doesn't seem to be very fair. 

On the flip side I am glad the downtown area is so popular.  Makes it more exciting to get downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't NEED to know anyone - you just need to know WHAT and WHEN... I went to the 55 west sales center a year ago and found out about Eola South. I decided to buy there, then sell it and move into 55 west when it was completed. TALK to the sales people - they know other people at other properties and are more than happy to "hook you up" (they can get a cut of the sale).... In the end - I'm staying put at Eola south and cancelled my 55 west reservation after the huge price increase. The lady next to me with a smaller unit paid over 100k more than me because she didn't get early pricing like I did. As a result, I netted over 100k (so far) on my unit.

This board is very helpful in getting into early pre-construction sites - keep in mind the price increases rapidly as units are sold.. What type of unit do you want? There are several that are still in very preconstruction pricing stages... You're looking at a base of 300k for a two bedroom, minimum - that's just the market... If you wait too long, that same unit will be going for 450k... I wish I build condos! :P

Unfortunately in a lot of cases you actually do need to know someone. For example there are already lists comprised for VIP clients at many of the upcoming buildings.

If anyone ever has questions, please feel free to contact me. I can usually at least point you in the right direction. As for the Solaire, I had many, many inquiries. I wasn't able to help nearly as many people get in as I had hoped, but 8 people is better then the thousands that didn't get a chance!

Unfortunately in a lot of cases you actually do need to know someone.  For example there are already lists comprised for VIP clients at many of the upcoming buildings. 

If anyone ever has questions, please feel free to contact me.  I can usually at least point you in the right direction.  As for the  Solaire, I had many, many inquiries.  I wasn't able to help nearly as many people get in as I had hoped, but 8 people is better then the thousands that didn't get a chance!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can use some help. I'm amazed at how dificult this is. Have you heard anything on Tradition Towers? I got on their web list when it came out but have heard nothing.

Archived