Next in Norfolk

Greekboy80

Me too and when you say Atlantic City most people look at you like you are crazy or think you are talking about Jersey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me three but I thought that was what the city was calling it in the PDF thing that it had done. If they could get something going with the actual Fort Norfolk and tie it in with the area that would be great. Once that building opens and the retirees are out walking around thier new digs, I am sure that they will be calling City Hall and complaining to get it opened more often :thumbsup:

I went there a while back and there was no one there (wow this was pre 9/11 obviously). I walked around and finally some person was there and told me how no one really visits the fort. Which is a shame.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

The city doesn't really promote it for some reason.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The city has done extensive research on the fort norfolk area. THey have developed a master plan for the area (Done by Ray GIndros). THe master plan shows many a vast array of mid-ris and high rise buidings mixed use buildings. This area is really the last peice of the puzzle for norfolk. It is the only undeveloped waterfront land left near downtown. One problem is that 1/3 of the entire waterfront there is owned by one person who is unwilling to sell or develop. so we'll see what happens. THere is definately talk of some large scale developemnt going in there.

The city has done extensive research on the fort norfolk area.  THey have developed a master plan for the area (Done by Ray GIndros).  THe master plan shows many a vast array of mid-ris and high rise buidings mixed use buildings.  This area is really the last peice of the puzzle for norfolk.  It is the only undeveloped waterfront land left near downtown.  One problem is that 1/3 of the entire waterfront there is owned by one person who is unwilling to sell or develop.  so we'll see what happens.  THere is definately talk of some large scale developemnt going in there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've realized that later on. I wrote that in April and have learned alot more since then. I wonder who owns all that land and wonder if he is holding out so they can get more money? Does the person own a business that is on that land or is it just a refusal to give the land up? Do they plan on knocking down those warehouses on the waterfront there? They look pretty old.

Has anyone heard about the 10 story building ford motors was suppose to be building or has it been scraped!  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All that building is suppose to do is house the bodies of the trucks and I'm not sure if its going to get built now with the gas prices. Its a storage facility to kind of make the assembly line longer in a sense without more people. I haven't heard otherwise to say its not going to be built though.

Has anyone heard about the 10 story building ford motors was suppose to be building or has it been scraped!  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's still on to my knowledge. Also, in reference to the fort Norfolk/ Atlantic City debate I prefer fort Norfolk because it gives that area a more unique sound (there already is and Atlantic City, why would we want to copy that?).

I've realized that later on. I wrote that in April and have learned alot more since then. I wonder who owns all that land and wonder if he is holding out so they can get more money? Does the person own a business that is on that land or is it just a refusal to give the land up? Do they plan on knocking down those warehouses on the waterfront there? They look pretty old.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's just waiting until something else goes up down there so that he can get more money for the land. He has been offered up to 13 millone for htat peice by a couple of big time firms in New Jersey and Florida, and refused to sell. He is leasing the land to the companies that are on it. I'm pretty sure he's giong ot tear those brick buildings down, they are not structurally sound,

He's just waiting until something else goes up down there so that he can get more money for the land.  He has been offered up to 13 millone for htat peice by a couple of big time firms in New Jersey and Florida, and refused to sell.  He is leasing the land to the companies that are on it.  I'm pretty sure he's giong ot tear those brick buildings down, they are not structurally sound,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess he is really greedy! I wonder what he really wants for the land?

Don't ask me why but I found this real interesting.

:)

Client Testimonial:

"Marathon Development Group of Norfolk, Va., developers of the31-story Granby Tower in Downtown Norfolk, is thrilled with the design of their building thanks to Humphreys and Partners. In order to capture the art deco district of northern Granby Street in Downtown Norfolk, Humphreys and Partners toured the country with us to view art deco architecture to incorporate into the Granby Tower.

Humphreys and Partners blended anart deco exterior with modern floor plans to create a stunning design with fantastic views, which will be the new gateway to Downtown Norfolk. The ability of Humphreys and Partners to work so closely with the developers, city officials and urban consultants to create this dramatic design truly sets them apart.

Marathon Development Group is extremely impressed with their work and is already working with Humphreys and Partners on our next tower project." -Buddy Gadams, president, Marathon Development

^^^^From:Nations top 100 multihousing architects

Don't ask me why but I found this real interesting.

:)

Client Testimonial:

"Marathon Development Group of Norfolk, Va., developers of the31-story Granby Tower in Downtown Norfolk, is thrilled with the design of their building thanks to Humphreys and Partners. In order to capture the art deco district of northern Granby Street in Downtown Norfolk, Humphreys and Partners toured the country with us to view art deco architecture to incorporate into the Granby Tower.

Humphreys and Partners blended anart deco exterior with modern floor plans to create a stunning design with fantastic views, which will be the new gateway to Downtown Norfolk. The ability of Humphreys and Partners to work so closely with the developers, city officials and urban consultants to create this dramatic design truly sets them apart.

Marathon Development Group is extremely impressed with their work and is already working with Humphreys and Partners on our next tower project." -Buddy Gadams, president, Marathon Development

^^^^From:Nations top 100 multihousing architects

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their other tower might not be in Norfolk it could be anywhere. I hope that it is though

Archived