Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nashvol85

Symphony Hall construction pic

7 posts in this topic

symphonyhallconstruction.jpg

Looks like the outer structure is coming along nicely!

And on a sadder note, Maestro Kenneth Schermerhorn passed away today after a fight with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

It's a shame he won't be able to see the final structure. He'll be missed. He had an illustrious career.

And on a sadder note, Maestro Kenneth Schermerhorn passed away today after a fight with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

It's a shame he won't be able to see the final structure. He'll be missed. He had an illustrious career.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that really is sad. he's done so much for the symphony and the city of nashville. i don't think anyone will be able to fill his shoes. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow...that's sad. I'm glad that I was treated to attending symphony performances as much as I have. Sad for the Nashville Symphony and the city itself. Any ideas on who will take over? How unexpected was this?

Agreed...Maestro Schermerhorn was a true artist. I was lucky enough to have dinner with him on a few occasions and was always impressed. He was a wonderful story-teller and experienced a career an aspiring musician/artist could only dream of (some great anecdotes about the American Ballet company and Bernstein