Best Nightlife in the Carolinas

krazeeboi

Which city in the Carolinas has the best nightlife?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which city in the Carolinas has the best nightlife?

• Asheville
    • Chapel Hill
    • Charleston
    • Charlotte
    • Columbia
    • Durham
    • Greensboro
    • Greenville NC
    • Greenville SC
    • Myrtle Beach
    • Raleigh
    • Spartanburg
    • Wilmington
    • Winston-Salem

charlotte without a doubt, djs from all over the world come to charlotte and the in any given month in charlotte, more talent rolls through there than all other cities in both carolinas COMBINED.

I was with you up until that point, which is when I made a mental note to myself: leave the Chilean chronic alone.

More talent rolling through Charlotte in a month than Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, Asheville, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh COMBINED? And those are only the tourist/college towns.

That statement should get an award of some sort. Now I'm not saying that Charlotte's nightlife is destitute, because that's hardly the case. But don't go to the other extreme either.

I've also found that most who make extreme comments like this haven't experienced the nightlife in the other cities listed.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was with you up until that point, which is when I made a mental note to myself: leave the Chilean chronic alone.

More talent rolling through Charlotte in a month than Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, Asheville, Chapel Hill, and Raleigh COMBINED?

lol @ the chilean chronic comment :rofl: nice one ;)

as for the talent that comes through charlotte, dont beleive me? lets take a look at the month of march...

3/4 - dieselboy (philadelphia) + hive (san francisco) - the human violence tour - club eden

3/11 - John B (london) - ladies love john b! - club eden

3/16 - Dj Icey (orlando) -Y4K breaks - the forum

4/1 (close enough to march) - Paul Oakenfold (one of the biggest djs in the world) - scorpios

3/11 - Shine Saturdays presents OM records (san francisco) 10 year aniversity party - liquid lounge

3/10 - Darude (the dude that made that infamous sandstorm track) - velocity

not only are these partys going to have HUGE turnouts, but theres weekleys and monthleys going on at various clubs around charlotte also (eden, lava, velocity,tutto mondos, etc.) featuring some great local djs. again, when djs go on tour charlotte is usually a stop, because the SUPPORT is there, you wont find alot of big name djs playing at various other cities around the carolinas because the SUPPORT just isnt there. If you want additional info on any of these partys going on, give me a shout :thumbsup:

i stand by my statement, charlotte not only has the best nightlife in the carolinas, but its only going to get bigger and bigger as time goes on.

I'm not disputing the fact that Charlotte gets great talent rolling through the city, because obviously it does (although I don't recognize any of those names); what I'm disputing is that the nightlife in Charlotte is better than that of Asheville, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Columbia, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Raleigh, Spartanburg, Wilmington, and Winston-Salem combined. Now if you want to show some acts coming through all of those cities and somehow demonstrate that what's coming through Charlotte is far more superior, I'd be anxious to see that. ;)

I'm not disputing the fact that Charlotte gets great talent rolling through the city, because obviously it does (although I don't recognize any of those names); what I'm disputing is that the nightlife in Charlotte is better than that of Asheville, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Columbia, Durham, Greensboro, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Raleigh, Spartanburg, Wilmington, and Winston-Salem combined. Now if you want to show some acts coming through all of those cities and somehow demonstrate that what's coming through Charlotte is far more superior, I'd be anxious to see that. ;)

i should have made a note , that those are electronic music events, theres still alot of clubs that play top-40 type stuff in addition to what i mentioned.

as far as all those cities you mentioned combined, yea, your right charlotte cant compare if you combine them all. It all depends on what your into, i love house music so i like to go out and dance to some house, as well as drum n bass, and techno. If you just want to grab a beer and hit a few bars and could care less what type of music is playing, then virtually any mid size city in the carolinas offer that option , some just are alot more active than others. but for pure variety and quality, charlotte certainly takes the crown. you'll catch some famous djs that will come to myrtle beach, charleston, raleigh, asheville, and columbia, but not on the consistant basis that they come to charlotte. If you measure nightlife in terms of nighttime activity, then there may be a city in the carolinas that beats charlotte (altho i dont know which one that would be...).

It may not be as many events in Charlotte than the others combined but the ones that do come to Charlotte are one of a kind and quality beats quantity any day! House/Techno/Trance Rocks!

It's obvious the board is dominated by Charlotteans. I just came back from Charlotte for a couple of days and I can honestly say, Charlotte has one of worst night scenes in the south! My wife and I were thinking we were going to tear it up in NC's biggest city, and what do we find? Intense boredom. Everything is ultra corporate and disneyesque thoughout the whole downtown area. After we left the the arena to catch a game, there wasn't a person insight!!! I rag on my city alot, but Queen city's nightlife can't even compare to Raleigh's presently.

What's so ironic is that I was under the impresion that Charlotte had it going on (yeah with skycrapers). Outside of that absolutely nothing, but family venues. Not that there is something wrong with that, but man where is it popping? Charlotte has lost definately fell off. I think the city has lost it's spirit amongst all of the corporate mumbo gumbo. Everything was either closed or empty. Trust me we rode around for about 2 hours. Nothing!

Charlotteans stop being dishonest and biased. Admit it Charlotte has no nightlife. I'm so upset right now, because of the bland time I had it's ridiculous. Charlotte is for families, not party goers. Don't be fooled!

It's obvious the board is dominated by Charlotteans. I just came back from Charlotte for a couple of days and I can honestly say, Charlotte has one of worst night scenes in the south! My wife and I were thinking we were going to tear it up in NC's biggest city, and what do we find? Intense boredom. Everything is ultra corporate and disneyesque thoughout the whole downtown area. After we left the the arena to catch a game, there wasn't a person insight!!! I rag on my city alot, but Queen city's nightlife can't even compare to Raleigh's presently.

What's so ironic is that I was under the impresion that Charlotte had it going on (yeah with skycrapers). Outside of that absolutely nothing, but family venues. Not that there is something wrong with that, but man where is it popping? Charlotte has lost definately fell off. I think the city has lost it's spirit amongst all of the corporate mumbo gumbo. Everything was either closed or empty. Trust me we rode around for about 2 hours. Nothing!

Charlotteans stop being dishonest and biased. Admit it Charlotte has no nightlife. I'm so upset right now, because of the bland time I had it's ridiculous. Charlotte is for families, not party goers. Don't be fooled!

yea... charlotte has no nightlife, it turely is a a graveyard out there...

(*the following are from just one recent saturday night*)

36.jpg

7.jpg

crowdshot.jpg

dont get mad because you dont know how to find the spots, charlotte is on fire. trust ;)

yea... charlotte has no nightlife, it turely is a a graveyard out there...

(*the following are from just one recent saturday night*)

36.jpg

7.jpg

crowdshot.jpg

dont get mad because you dont know how to find the spots, charlotte is on fire. trust ;)

Exactly Jaxpalmer......Sky is always hot! I was actually at Velocity Saturday night for the Darude concert, awesome house music! Not too many people though, I guess it wasnt advertised that well from what I heard....but nevertheless, awesome time, cant find anything like it anywhere in the Carolinas.....and Im not from Charlotte 'Raleighsfinest guy' Im from Columbia

Exactly Jaxpalmer......Sky is always hot! I was actually at Velocity Saturday night for the Darude concert, awesome house music! Not too many people though, I guess it wasnt advertised that well from what I heard....but nevertheless, awesome time, cant find anything like it anywhere in the Carolinas.....and Im not from Charlotte 'Raleighsfinest guy' Im from Columbia

yea, the reason it wasnt as packed it could have been was actually a last minute booking of darude that resulted in last minute promotion, you can read about it here :)

• 2 months later...

Archived