• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

The Home Depot: Lawn & Garden Store

Currently there's a Home Depot store on N Wendover Rd. Across the street is a former Bi-Lo (Which i think was an A&P store before if i'm not mistaken), and its been vacant for many years now. Well Home Depot will be adding a new store format to it which will be a store focussing on lawn and garden.

Aerial View from Google

The Home Depot is on the South side, and directly across the wendover intersection is the former Bi-Lo

Actually it was not an A&P. That store was built new in the early 80s as a Kroger SaveOn. Sadly "Lets go Krogering!" is no longer heard on Charlotte airwaves. :(

Actually it was not an A&P.  That store was built new in the early 80s as a Kroger SaveOn.  Sadly "Lets go Krogering!" is no longer heard on Charlotte airwaves.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah. Yes it is sad that "lets go Krogering" is not heard on Clt airwaves..

Well Home Depot will be adding a new store format to it which will be a store focussing on lawn and garden.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will be great. Then I won't have to take three trips out 485 to get landscape materials for a little weekend project.

As for the pending Dilworth Lowe's, does anyone know their store format for the urban stores? I'm assuming they will have a smaller selection generally, and perhaps no Garden Center... Perhaps this is discussed elsewhere in a Lowe's thread?

The Lowe's will not be a different format other than the rooftop parking, and enhanced architectual elements. It will still offer the same selection and a garden center.

i wouldn't be surprised if homedepot is making these moves because of the threat of a full-sized lowes in the city core.

Anyone have an update on this vacant store, if any improvements have begun on Home Depot's part?

The Observer reported today that Home Depot has sold the vacant building to Habitat for Humanity. They are going to open a "Re-Store" and move their offices from NoDa to this building.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/13597438.htm

Thanks for the update. Boy, I had good timing on bumping this post didn't I. haha... anyway, sounds good that finally something will be done with the bldg

The existing Wendover Home Depot, never has felt quite as large and well stocked as their other stores.

What surprised me was the article mentioned there was a former grocery store there in the building across Home Depot, but they never said it was a former Kroger/Bi-Lo.