The Home Depot: Lawn & Garden Store

DigitalSky

Currently there's a Home Depot store on N Wendover Rd. Across the street is a former Bi-Lo (Which i think was an A&P store before if i'm not mistaken), and its been vacant for many years now. Well Home Depot will be adding a new store format to it which will be a store focussing on lawn and garden.

Aerial View from Google

The Home Depot is on the South side, and directly across the wendover intersection is the former Bi-Lo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it was not an A&P.  That store was built new in the early 80s as a Kroger SaveOn.  Sadly "Lets go Krogering!" is no longer heard on Charlotte airwaves.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah. Yes it is sad that "lets go Krogering" is not heard on Clt airwaves..

Well Home Depot will be adding a new store format to it which will be a store focussing on lawn and garden.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This will be great. Then I won't have to take three trips out 485 to get landscape materials for a little weekend project.

As for the pending Dilworth Lowe's, does anyone know their store format for the urban stores? I'm assuming they will have a smaller selection generally, and perhaps no Garden Center... Perhaps this is discussed elsewhere in a Lowe's thread?

• 8 months later...

Anyone have an update on this vacant store, if any improvements have begun on Home Depot's part?

The Observer reported today that Home Depot has sold the vacant building to Habitat for Humanity. They are going to open a "Re-Store" and move their offices from NoDa to this building.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/13597438.htm

Archived